Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can P1124 and P1126 be caused by.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 03:21 AM
blinkwatt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can P1124 and P1126 be caused by.....

Can P1124 and P1126 be caused by a bad oil seperator?

P1124 - Oxygen Sensing Adaptation Area 1 (Cylinders 1 - 3) - Rich Threshold
P1126 - Oxygen Sensing Adaptation Area 1 (Cylinders 4 - 6) - Rich Threshold

Ok,so when I cleaned my throttle body I lost a bolt and new it would lead to a leak in time. Codes came(P1124 and P1126),I thought it was due to the missing bolt connecting the intermediate shaft to the throttle body. I bought a replacement bolt, got it in and cleared the codes.

Well 200 miles later the codes come back. Things to note,my car has always somewhat of funky idle,but last night it leveled at 800RPM at a street light. Well I thought "wow it finally idles perfect". Today on the way to work the it idled perfect again and then I saw the CEL come on(P1124 and P1126). Again on the way home from work it idled perfect,strange for my car. Could the idle leveling out have anything to do with the codes?

Should I rebuild the intake and inspect all the parts for any tears etc. before buying all new hoses etc? Another thing I heard is an oil/air seperator issue,anyone ever had these codes and it was the verdict?

Last edited by blinkwatt; 08-14-2006 at 05:31 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WHAT YEAR AND MODEL IS THE CAR and whats the milage ?
I have seen oil sperators give those faults but it is rare
Old 08-14-2006, 04:48 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

99' with 55k. Still on the original oil seperator,which I might mention that I found a small build up of oil on top of the engine underbeath the oil seperator "j" tube.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:13 PM
99firehawk
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i really need to see fr and tr adaptaion numbers to diagnose accurately
but if you see oil there check the lil rubber "bellows" from the bottom of the spererator to the head
they have been known to leak, vacum leak will casue those faults
Old 12-06-2020, 01:58 AM
beacon
1st Gear

Thumbs up Oil/Air separator leaks

Originally Posted by blinkwatt
Can P1124 and P1126 be caused by a bad oil seperator?

P1124 - Oxygen Sensing Adaptation Area 1 (Cylinders 1 - 3) - Rich Threshold
P1126 - Oxygen Sensing Adaptation Area 1 (Cylinders 4 - 6) - Rich Threshold

Ok,so when I cleaned my throttle body I lost a bolt and new it would lead to a leak in time. Codes came(P1124 and P1126),I thought it was due to the missing bolt connecting the intermediate shaft to the throttle body. I bought a replacement bolt, got it in and cleared the codes.

Well 200 miles later the codes come back. Things to note,my car has always somewhat of funky idle,but last night it leveled at 800RPM at a street light. Well I thought "wow it finally idles perfect". Today on the way to work the it idled perfect again and then I saw the CEL come on(P1124 and P1126). Again on the way home from work it idled perfect,strange for my car. Could the idle leveling out have anything to do with the codes?

Should I rebuild the intake and inspect all the parts for any tears etc. before buying all new hoses etc? Another thing I heard is an oil/air seperator issue,anyone ever had these codes and it was the verdict?
This post was extremely helpful to me. Turns out that the hose connections between the oil/air separator and the throttle body were leaking air causing the P1124 and P1126 codes (one of the connections was not sealing completely due to old age). Probably due to the surging of air entering the throttle body causing the computer to attempt to compensate apparently causing the voltages to the O2 sensors to fluctuate outside of their expected range. I was at a loss for a solution as I originally thought there might be a loose ground somewhere and did not consider the oil/air separator as a possible problem.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:55 PM
mshenoy
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beacon
This post was extremely helpful to me. Turns out that the hose connections between the oil/air separator and the throttle body were leaking air causing the P1124 and P1126 codes (one of the connections was not sealing completely due to old age). Probably due to the surging of air entering the throttle body causing the computer to attempt to compensate apparently causing the voltages to the O2 sensors to fluctuate outside of their expected range. I was at a loss for a solution as I originally thought there might be a loose ground somewhere and did not consider the oil/air separator as a possible problem.
I am a complete noob. Could you add some pictures or direction on what this hose connection is and how one can get to it. I have the same codes and I’m trying to figure this out.

Quick Reply: Can P1124 and P1126 be caused by.....