Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Several P-Codes. Whataya think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:27 PM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Several P-Codes. Whataya think?

Ok, I'm still working on the same no acceleration problem, but I have more info (and corrected info) now. The first P-code I got was P1502. After checking the book again, I noticed I was looking at the DME 5.2.2 list instead of the 7.2 that is in the '00 model so the code explanation was wrong. Here's what I've done so far, and the new codes I'm getting.

1) P1502=Fuel pump relay output stage. Short to B+ / above upper limit / rich mixture threshold. I replaced the fuel pump relay, but still have the problem.

2) After replacing the fuel pump relay, I started it and plugged in the AutoTap to watch what happens. One thing I noticed was the mass air flow rate was ~1.4 lb/min while it was idling at 970-1000 rpm. I watched for a little while and waited for error codes to pop up. The new codes were P1502, P1115 and P1119.

3) P1115=Heating of O2 sensor, cyl. 1-3 and P1119 is the same for cyl. 4-6 so I'm thinking clean the MAF.

Here's the freaky part. I cleared all of the codes then suddenly everything worked beautifully. Suddenly I hit the gas and it jumped to 5K rpm, idled at 700rpm, everything is normal again. Shut her down and restart, and it's back to the problems again.

I pulled the MAF and it was pretty dirty. I cleaned it with electronics cleaner and let it dry then put it back in and cranked her up. Still runs crappy and won't accelerate above 2K rpm.

So, before I order a new MAF at $300+ is there anything that comes to mind that I should try first?

TIA!!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
asphaltguy
5th Gear

Hello,I was wondering if you ever did find out what was wrong with your car.I have the same problem.Thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Loren
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After changing the fuel pump... Did you do the egas throttle adaptation? Turn the car on for 1 minute without touching the gas pedal, you will hear the egas actuate, after 1 minute turn off the car, and remove the key. The throttle is should now be readapted.

I would try that first and then reset the codes to what is is real.

BTW... DME 7.2 says:
P1502 Throttle Jacking Unit, Spring Test – Above Limit
Throttle return time too long. – Replace throttle part
Old 10-21-2018, 09:38 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

You are not the only one to have this problem. Using the search function on several forums I came up with http://986forum.com/forums/performan...boxster-s.html. Oddly, the one here (no fix listed) and the one there and yours are all 2000 models.
Old 11-19-2022, 09:17 AM
slowdoo
2nd Gear

My wife’s 2000 booster is having the same problem .code 1502 ,won’t go over 1500 rpm’s, clear code and runs fine ,shut down and start again and back to no throttle response .pulled out fuel pump relay while running and car dies .so ruling out relay .anything else I’m missing .seems to be a lot of discussion about this but no real fix.

Quick Reply: Several P-Codes. Whataya think?