Sponsored by:

New engines for Boxster and Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:18 PM
designman
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NetManiac
What are the odds that this new HP gain is in response to the new M Roadster and M Coupe?
I'd say it's a lock. The best thing that could happen to us is that BMW, or anyone else for that matter, is competitive with sports cars. I think the Z4 Ms are heaven-sent. It would be even better if they weren't so friggin' ugly.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:24 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J-RAD
I agree with the idea that Porsche has to respond to BMW's offerings. I don't believe hp is a determining factor but some do...and it certainly doesn't hurt. Either way Porsche needs to be in the same ballpark. And it's not just BMW going after them.

Nonetheless, the new "M"s don't interest me for a host of reasons - a couple being: the engine is in the wrong spot and they're uglier than sin.
I agreee, there is more to these cars than HP. One of the reason I picked the Boxster S over the M Roadster 4 years ago was the handling, not the HP. But after watching Tommy Kendell this past weekend on Test Drive I at least want to drive the M Coupe.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:07 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Ruf supercharger for easy hp!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:33 PM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found out yesterday that the Boxster's base price increases $600 or $120/hp. The S' price increase $800 or about $53/hp. Given that the Boxsters will remain well below the Caymans, I fail to see why you would buy a Cayman over a Boxster.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:35 AM
jayster
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear FVD has a 3.8L package (997S) for a boxster. I hear your passenger seat will need to be re-dyed.....
Old 07-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
Given that the Boxsters will remain well below the Caymans, I fail to see why you would buy a Cayman over a Boxster.
A solid top and more rigid chassis.

Interestingly, we were at the dealership Saturday night just looking around. They had four new base Caymans. Three of the four had sticker prices at just over $53k. Comparitively, most of the base Boxsters has sticker prices just under $52k. Throw in the significant discounts we're hearing about and there doesn't seem to be much price difference in the real world.

Quick Reply: New engines for Boxster and Boxster S