Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum-67/)
-   -   boxster engines bad? porsche, wake up!! (https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/192818-boxster-engines-bad-porsche-wake-up.html)

Doug&Julie 03-24-2005 11:38 AM

By the way...since we've totally hijacked this thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topic/193256-the-great-big-anne-hathaway-photo-thread.html

Irishdriver 03-24-2005 02:13 PM

My favorite poster of the moment is on the exit of an underground car park in Heidelberg.

Just picture this - larger than life on the wall at a curve in a one car wide tunnel....

now you know why there are skid marks on the wall.....

Doug&Julie 03-24-2005 02:14 PM

...brilliant.

85percent 03-25-2005 03:21 PM

the girl on the right is asian. i can recognize asian butts real well. :)

autobahnNY 03-25-2005 07:18 PM

the girl on the right is asian. i can recognize asian butts real well.
:roflmao:

box3.4L 04-04-2005 03:24 AM

you wont miss that 2.5 once you have the 3.4l

the 3.4l transforms the cars

85percent 04-05-2005 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by box3.4L
the 3.4l transforms the cars

please explain (my boxster is in the shop waiting for a 3.4L transplant) :rockon:

JFScheck 04-05-2005 04:19 AM

and I thought the rear end on the new Cayman looked good! ;)

Sonic dB 04-05-2005 04:21 AM

Those are about the only things that are Air Cooled around this forum.

K27 04-05-2005 10:45 PM

Always amazes me how many hard core Porschephiles have their head up their ass.
Porsche are currently building junk in case you didn't notice.
Just look at the value of your used 996/986, it's not just volume either.
These kinds of failures are not normal in an under powered under stressed 6 cylinder engine.

85percent 04-06-2005 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by K27
These kinds of failures are not normal in an under powered under stressed 6 cylinder engine.

yea i wouldn't think so either. but porsche won't do a thing about it. they are junk engines. period.

Turboflyer 04-07-2005 10:38 PM

So why hasn't someone put out a Subaru WRXSTI conversion. Boxster engine, serious HP , reliability, and lots of after market support? I for one would be interested in a twin turbo set up. I know blasphemy.

85percent 04-08-2005 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Turboflyer
So why hasn't someone put out a Subaru WRXSTI conversion. Boxster engine, serious HP , reliability, and lots of after market support? I for one would be interested in a twin turbo set up. I know blasphemy.

did you say boxster engine and reliability in the same sentence?? :nono:

autobahnNY 04-08-2005 06:11 PM

yea i wouldn't think so either. but porsche won't do a thing about it. they are junk engines. period.
If they are such junk engines, why get another junk engine? Just sell it and get another brand of car.

Irishdriver 04-09-2005 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by K27

I like my Porsche, I know some people have had grief, but I want to have a Porsche. If reliability was my priority then I'd buy a toyota. If,....If.....If.... I just want the driving experience of a Porsche which I can't find anywhere else. My head isn't up anywhere - I just know what I want.

If you have such a negative feeling why are you still here?

Porshce have revised the engine a couple of times and it is much more reliable. but this has now become a label, like the dual mass clutch in the 964, it doesn't matter now many cars don't have the problem the few who have suffered it will tell the rest of the world that Porsche is crap.

And I really don't want a Porsche with another engine bolted in....unless it was a Cayenne with a Honda diesel engine or hybrid motor, that would be worth doing