Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster - Haters and Doubters - don't read

Old 03-20-2004, 07:49 PM
brh986
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't understand your hypocrisy - you say I'm a little kid who can't afford a Porsche and that I'm "just an idiot" - but you feel the need to write page-long responses to try and prove your point?
I don't know how the others see it but I see it as conversing and having a laugh at your expense.
Old 03-20-2004, 08:08 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

I honestly believe that is his real name, only in the 'heat of battle', he was trying to dodge the bullets being fired at him. Very typical action, from the character this guy exhibits, when backed into a corner...

He did sign his name to the first post he made, not knowing what was to follow.....
Old 03-20-2004, 08:11 PM
brh986
Burning Brakes

Absolutely, why use a "friends account" when registeration is free for anyone. Then on top of that you're going to manually type in and "sign" your friends name to every post?
Old 03-21-2004, 12:55 AM
Ghost Rider
Banned

PS2 is so last century, if it isn't on the Xbox it's worthless. There I said it, now Daytona or someone else can argue the point until they are blue in the face....
Old 03-21-2004, 04:37 PM
Daytona24
Banned

you're wrong.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Spoken by someone without an Xbox I guess...
Old 03-21-2004, 10:26 PM
brh986
Burning Brakes

I think he should show his racing skills on the nurburgring in Project Gotham 2. He can even drive the carrera RS which should be the epitome of what he thinks porsche should be.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:29 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi Daytona24.

You may have the ability to be smart enough to construct nice sentence structure (perhaps - and I'm convinced - through generous use of a Thesaurus) and even weave two words together that actually (sometimes) make sense - but overall, you are pretty stupid.

Your "friend" - whose account you have been using and whose name you have been posting under - is as sick of you as we are - so this account is banned. You may want to ask him why - and to him, and the rest of us - I guess you've shown your true colors. Posting under your friends login and password - 'cause you don't have the ***** to post under your own???? You are an idiot. No, rather - you are a stupid coward.

Thankfully for you - there is no IQ test to post to the Internet. If there were - I'm somewhat convinced we wouldn't have had to read a single post of yours. You would have failed that IQ test.

C'Ya!

Old 03-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by John D.
Hi Daytona24......C'Ya!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

Old 03-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Vampyre
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just couldn't resist

Daytona24 your Lame web site
Old 03-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Koda
Advanced

Originally posted by agentpennypacker
Dakar 34 -

I'm sure you enjoyed your car on the track. But beware, if you push it hard enough the engine won't get enough oil, and YOU (not Porsche) will pick up the bill. It's happened to 2 people here in the SER with 996's, several (including myself) with Boxsters. Hence, why Porsche DOES NOT cover this under warranty.

Great cars, but aren't the true sports cars Porsche used to make (by sports cars I mean a car that is made to participate in track events, like Ferrari).
While I don't own or plan to won a current 996 or 986, and I agree what you say about 986 and 996 oil problems is true, you must also know that early 911SC's also had an oil problem, and even with dry-sump many track motors were blown back in the day... these early SC's had Oil tank,and some sump pickup problems...So really none of this is new and you act problems never occured during the 911's developent, let us not forget in addition to the 911SC oil tank fiasco, the myriad of chain tensioner problem's, early LWB half shaft problems, Carb problems, CIS air box problems, etc. All of which, like the current main seal problems and oil problems the current cars will eventually be fixed, and only a memory. In another decade or so people will look back at our 1989 and earlier "911's" the way we now look back at 356's. Unique, and fun to look at, however obsolete in todays world.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:18 AM
agentpennypacker
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard of that problem with the SC's. I know the 2.7's had some serious engine problems, but I've never heard of an SC (except for the air box problem and the usual head stud problem).

"In another decade or so people will look back at our 1989 and earlier "911's" the way we now look back at 356's. Unique, and fun to look at, however obsolete in todays world"

Obsolete? The 89' carrera will hand your 986' it's *** at the track. Same with a 951 - con't compare apples to oranges here. The 356 is flat-out a slow car.

Remember what your boxster will be worth in another 3 years too...kinda like a standard 944 today - obsolete!
Old 03-23-2004, 11:48 AM
PetreTG
Track Day

WOW ... Vampyre makes a simple post about the Boxster receiving some accolades and it turns into this mess ?

Obviously the Boxsters success really makes some people nervous .... must be a great car . Glad I own one

My personal biggest complaint about the Boxster is it could and should have more HP . I don't like some clown in a Honda Accord thinking his car is better or faster because he has 260hp. Ridiculous , maybe ... but in this regard I do think Porsche is dropping the ball.

Thankfully there are plenty of companies out there to help me with that particular problem. After my warranty runs out I'll most likely install a twin turbo kit for about $15k and have a 400hp Boxster. Til then , Ill just drive one of the most beautiful and greatest handling sports cars on the planet.

Petre

2002 3BLK Boxster S
Old 03-23-2004, 12:42 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

"In another decade or so people will look back at our 1989 and earlier "911's" the way we now look back at 356's. Unique, and fun to look at, however obsolete in todays world"

Obsolete? The 89' carrera will hand your 986' it's *** at the track. Same with a 951 - con't compare apples to oranges here. The 356 is flat-out a slow car.

Remember what your boxster will be worth in another 3 years too...kinda like a standard 944 today - obsolete!
You weren't paying very close attention were you? He said "OUR 1989 and earlier". As in he has an '89 or earlier 911 also. I don't know that for sure, but that is the assumption I would make from his statement. You should take your time and read comments a little closer before bashing them.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:53 PM
JonM..
Instructor

I've never heard of that problem with the SC's. I know the 2.7's had some serious engine problems, but I've never heard of an SC (except for the air box problem and the usual head stud problem).

LOL your killing me here, you are either a troll or very stupid.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boxster - Haters and Doubters - don't read