Sponsored by:

Thinking of selling Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 10:02 PM
hbrewer
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Thinking of selling Boxster

I am thinking about selling my 03 Boxster, it has 70,000 miles, and runs good, Has not had the IMS bearing changed, but checked the oil and no metals in the filter. What is a fair price on this cars? The interior and exterior are in great shape. Has always been garaged. Just ideals??
Old 05-18-2019, 10:46 AM
joseph mitro
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 158 Posts

check kbb.com. that will give you a good idea
Old 05-18-2019, 11:02 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

Depending on condition, I'd estimate that you should get $12 - $13K. I'd ask $14K since most buyers want a discount.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:37 PM
mikefocke
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts

For $14K or even $12k I'd expect an S model. Records. And pristine. Price is location and season dependent with these cars. Color and options matter a bit but not too much. Heck even ebay or CL would show the competition.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:24 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by hbrewer
I am thinking about selling my 03 Boxster, it has 70,000 miles, and runs good, Has not had the IMS bearing changed, but checked the oil and no metals in the filter. What is a fair price on this cars? The interior and exterior are in great shape. Has always been garaged. Just ideals??
NADA:
Old 05-19-2019, 11:44 AM
Brian in Tucson
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You should check the local and regional Craigslist for comparables. You neglect to tell us where you are writing from. Prices in my neck of the woods are a lot different from, say, Denver. Around here, $11k would be a good starting number.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:50 PM
hbrewer
Intermediate

Well I priced it, and took into consideration the IMS has not been done. Think it is sold' quick as I find the title. Out of about 20 titles, that's the only one I can't find, go figure. Hate to let it go, but justhave to many setting around, and not enough time to fool with them, and it not good letting them sat all the time. And at 60+, getting to be more of a pickup driver, lot easier to get in and out of. lol
Old 05-25-2019, 06:21 PM
hbrewer
Intermediate

Well mine is sold, if he doesn't back out before Tuesday when the court house opens, But if he does, I will just put it back in the garage and keep it. I think I already miss it and its not gone yet. But if I keep it, its going for a LN IMS bearing. Everytime I drive it ,I worry about it going out. And if he gets it, hope he stays off the forums, so he can enjoy. lol
Old 05-27-2019, 12:47 AM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by hbrewer
Well mine is sold, if he doesn't back out before Tuesday when the court house opens, But if he does, I will just put it back in the garage and keep it. I think I already miss it and its not gone yet. But if I keep it, its going for a LN IMS bearing. Everytime I drive it ,I worry about it going out. And if he gets it, hope he stays off the forums, so he can enjoy. lol

I know that feeling very well. You don't miss it until it's gone. You get caught up in the moment where you're trying free up money, but regret it. If you enjoy the car, then keep it. But I would strongly suggest getting the original single bearing changed out when it's time for the clutch to be changed out.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:10 PM
hbrewer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
I know that feeling very well. You don't miss it until it's gone. You get caught up in the moment where you're trying free up money, but regret it. If you enjoy the car, then keep it. But I would strongly suggest getting the original single bearing changed out when it's time for the clutch to be changed out.
Mine is a tip, After driving it sunday , and having people come and want to take pictures with it, my wife said, better think before you let it go. Now hoping he won't come get it. lol They are just so much fun to drive!!!
Old 05-29-2019, 01:02 PM
hbrewer
Intermediate

Well got it back out this morning, and it is back in limp mode, with 4 and what ever gear it is in flashing. So I guess its back to the shop. Now I have no choice but keep it, it made the decision to stay. lol
Old 05-29-2019, 10:26 PM
KC-CarGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 62 Posts

Lots of them out there. Good luck with the sale.
Old 05-30-2019, 01:04 PM
dr914
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

tips of course are harder to sell and as stated there are many boxsters out there. However the boxster is probably the best Porsche buy out there in today's market. By the way, have you checked the tire pressure? My Tip did the same thing when the right front tire was low in air
Old 05-30-2019, 01:30 PM
hbrewer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dr914
tips of course are harder to sell and as stated there are many boxsters out there. However the boxster is probably the best Porsche buy out there in today's market. By the way, have you checked the tire pressure? My Tip did the same thing when the right front tire was low in air
Never would have thought tire pressure could cause that, but will check. Thanks

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling Boxster