Sponsored by:

Interesting change after tiptronic fluid change

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 06:55 PM
user 20389
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting change after tiptronic fluid change

just changed the fluid and filter on my 98 Boxster Tiptronic. Pretty sure that my observations of after versus before are accurate. When really pushed the car now shifts at about 600 rpm higher than before and it seems to have more power. Old fluid was very dark but no trash and no metal in the pan. Really pleased with the increased performance and the job is a pain in the *** but certainly doable for an owner with hand tools and floor stands. Glad I don't have to do it again though. Cost me the price for filter and gasket, 5 liters of Pentosin (1 plus liter extra used about 3.5 liters) and about 3 hours. figured out that if I took the flex fill pipe that came with the fluid pump and put about 6 inches of stiff wire in it and bent it I could add the fluid with no problem. Biggest problem was the fact that I had let the rear tires hang down and this made it harder to get the stress frame off and on. Just used my jack to raise the rear suspension to line up the frame studs. Worked fine. Make sure you use a fluid proof drop cloth underneath cuz it is going to drop fluid all over. Also discovered that you need to drop the antiroll bar in order to get the filter in and out.(had not read that). Thanks Rennlist for great instructions and help.

Quick Reply: Interesting change after tiptronic fluid change