Old 01-24-2019, 04:59 PM
user 20389
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hardtop defroster

passenger side hardtop

drivers side hardtop

2 prong in car

I have a 98 Boxster with hardtop. The defroster is in the rear glass but wiring is the issue. The plug on the car is next to the drivers seat and appears to be two prong. The wiring behind the fascia panel on the hardtop is single blade on the drivers side with the passenger side grounded. The wire from the hardtop is not long enough to plug into the car so there is a cable to join to the car but no in my possession. How can I wire this thing up to the car with these parameters?

Last edited by user 20389; 01-24-2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: pictures too large
Old 01-25-2019, 06:44 PM
user 20389
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may have figured it out. There is a Porsche cable that connects from the hardtop to the car. I ordered it yesterday. The only thing missing is the wiring that joins from the spade plug on either side of the window. I understand that one is positive and one negative and that it makes no difference which one is which. I will run a cable from the passenger side spade plug to the new cable purchased and hook up both to the new cable, plug it in and see what. Although the window is wired and it has two connectors it was never plugged in to the car.

Quick Reply: Hardtop defroster