Tire Pressure Monitor - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Tire Pressure Monitor

Old 12-31-2018, 01:35 PM
718Porsche
New User

Default Tire Pressure Monitor

The transmitter for one of my tires has joined the big Michelin man in the sky so now I continue to get an error message, menacing red exclamation point, etc. My dealer tells me that it would cost $1250 to fix this so what I'd like to do is to somehow tell the computer not to send me the error message. I wonder if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:15 PM
Lemming
Super User

Information on car would be great. Your username is 718.., but your posting in the 986 forum?
Old 01-03-2019, 01:26 PM
718Porsche
New User

Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
Information on car would be great. Your username is 718.., but your posting in the 986 forum?
Yes, the username is aspirational. I have a 2010.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Lemming
Super User

Ok, so you have an 987 and should be posting in the 987 forums.

Having said that, I would think you would be able to buy another transmitter (433mHZ) and have it installed and programmed at any high-end tire shop. A quick amazon search shows many options that are less than $50 for the transmitter.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Lemming
Super User

I should mention that TPMS transmitters have limited battery life. If one is dying, chances are the others will go soon, so you might want to just replace all 4. Check out https://www.tpms.com/2010_Porsche_Bo...PMS_s/4991.htm but you can likely find them cheaper elsewhere.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: