Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

98 base model 2 button remote

Old 12-20-2018, 07:08 PM
ddodgen
User

Default 98 base model 2 button remote

I really hate asking dumb questions but....I have a 98 base model and the remote is a 2 button. One operates the door lock fine and the other opens the rear trunk just fine. The front and rear trunks operate manually with the pull cables loc next to the drivers seat but is the front trunk opened from the remote like the rear? the only wire I find to the front latch seems to operate the microswitch and turns on the light.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:33 PM
AP328
Addict
Rennlist Member

I have a '99 and like '98 there was only one model available, and it too has a two button key remote that locks and unlocks the doors, and opens the rear trunk. The frunk is only opened by pulling the lever next to the driver's seat.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:13 PM
ddodgen
User

Originally Posted by AP328 View Post
I have a '99 and like '98 there was only one model available, and it too has a two button key remote that locks and unlocks the doors, and opens the rear trunk. The frunk is only opened by pulling the lever next to the driver's seat.
thanks for reassuring me that I am not crazy. Could not figure out how it would open frunk with the wiring that goes to it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: