Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternate serpentine belt sources...

Old 09-14-2018, 08:17 AM
elgy
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Alternate serpentine belt sources...

As a new Boxster owner I am going to change my serpentine belt, since I have no idea when it was last changed (if ever). I would like to get a new belt today so was looking around for local sources (NOT Porsche, since they seem to cost twice as much) and I see from the Contitech site that certain Ford and GM vehicles use the same belt. Finding a Ford dealer with a belt on the shelf might be more probable than other sources. Has anyone else done this?
Old 09-14-2018, 12:01 PM
Brian in Tucson
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

KISS (Keep it simple, stupid) A Ford dealer isn't going to be cheap, either. Go to a regular old auto parts store and buy the correct size for a Boxster. RockAuto sells probably 6 different manufacturers. belts, anyone of which would be satisfactory.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:23 PM
paulofto
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Rockauto is a great source and has a Canadian website so you can deal in CDN$. I've ordered many items from them and they have 2 day delivery to Canadaon many items.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...rive,belt,8900

You might also try NAPA. They could have it in stock locally.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:49 PM
elgy
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by paulofto
Rockauto is a great source and has a Canadian website so you can deal in CDN$. I've ordered many items from them and they have 2 day delivery to Canadaon many items.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...rive,belt,8900

You might also try NAPA. They could have it in stock locally.
I tried NAPA... $73! ... I didn't stick around to see if they had it in stock. I was hoping to have a belt before the weekend because I may do a day trip to Mont Tremblant Monday. So instead I inspected the current belt and it looks relatively new... no cracking or other deterioration, so I'll get a belt with other things that I am ordering soon.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alternate serpentine belt sources...