Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No signal to one door sub woofer

Old 07-15-2018, 09:10 PM
sdharmani
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default No signal to one door sub woofer

I have 03 Boxster with hi-fi sound package - MOST fiber optic system. Its not the Bose package but the middle package (I believe Harman amplifier). I also have rear speakers. One of the door woofer isn't getting any signal - I tested (zero voltage and speaker shows 4 ohms). I had a Motorola bluetooth kit that I removed once it died, but beyond that no change to audio. I tried various inuts (Radio, CD, CD Changer)

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:47 AM
paulofto
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I believe you have an amplifier in the frunk? If so I would do some continuity testing between it and the speaker in question. If the leads running to the speaker also read 4 ohms then I would check to see if there is a signal coming from the amp. According to the Bentley Manual the door woofers are pins B7 & B17 right and B8 & B18 left at the connector. Wire colours are GN and BN/GN for both. Eliminate the obvious and work back from there. Good Luck.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:45 PM
sdharmani
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks Paul. You are correct - the amp is in the Frunk. Do you have an image of orientation of the connector & pin #s.

I think both subwoofers get same signal (not stereo). So I am thinking that it is the wire between the amp & the door speaker. Signal from Radio to Amp is FIber Optic - so its either there, or not there.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:44 AM
paulofto
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry I don't have an image of the set up. And you are correct, it is the same signal for both woofers from what the wiring diagram in the manual indicates. Wish I could help more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No signal to one door sub woofer