Sponsored by:

99 Porsche Boxster Won't Starts After Rain

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 08:11 PM
PorscheParadise
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Porsche Boxster Won't Starts After Rain

I have a 99 Boxster Tiptronic (Auto) 2.5 and it was pouring rain last night. Alarm started blaring early next morning and I could not shut it off through the ignition switch, so I disconnected the battery. Found a pool of water under the drivers seat and behind it. Got the water out and read here and there that maybe the Immobilizer "brain" black brain box under the seat shorted out. I removed the box and cleaned the circuit board and let it dry in the oven overnight (125F temp reached, then shut off oven and let it sit). Installed the next mornning and car would not start. Everything else works door windows don't roll up/down and car still won't start. I noticed 1 pin (36) on the blue connector of immobilizer was broken. Could that prevent it from starting? I can turn the key and get all the dash lights, but when turned to start = nothing. Does the immobilizer have to be reset with the Porsche equivalent OBD scan tool, for the car to start? I feel helpless as I have a car that I cannot use at the moment.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:44 PM
PorscheParadise
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forgot to mention that my key does not have the electronics inside of it, so I have to manually lock/unlock the doors. When it was working before the rain issue, as I unlocked the drivers door, the horn would honk 2 times to verify the alarm system. Now it does not do that.

Quick Reply: 99 Porsche Boxster Won't Starts After Rain