Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum
Sponsored by:

2004 Boxster S IMS question

Old 03-11-2018, 12:59 AM
911ren
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default 2004 Boxster S IMS question

Hi Everybody, i finnaly bought 2004 Boxster S special edition with 75K and my question is that it has a LN retrofit sticker on the trunk lid and based on my emails with LN they say it was changed in 2012, i do not have the information at what miles, although based on CARFAX mileage and years shown,in 2012 it had about 50K, so probably it is when it was changed, so my question ia what is the life expectancy of the LN IMS?
Old 03-11-2018, 12:01 PM
Charles Navarro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911ren View Post
Hi Everybody, i finnaly bought 2004 Boxster S special edition with 75K and my question is that it has a LN retrofit sticker on the trunk lid and based on my emails with LN they say it was changed in 2012, i do not have the information at what miles, although based on CARFAX mileage and years shown,in 2012 it had about 50K, so probably it is when it was changed, so my question ia what is the life expectancy of the LN IMS?
You can look up the serial number and/or vin on the IMS Retrofit website:

http://imsretrofit.com/ims-check/

If the bearing installed was a classic single row, the recommended replacement date would have been 2016; if a single row pro was installed, the replacement date would be in 2018. An IMS Solution would have been a permanent install with no recommended replacement interval.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:46 PM
pbkirby
User

Default That one could be my old one...

Was it number 13XX and come from the Southeast ? I had the L&N upgrade done and 6 months later the IMS shaft started to come apart at the other end of the engine so I dumped the car as opposed to paying the rebuild cost.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:00 PM
911ren
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pbkirby View Post
Was it number 13XX and come from the Southeast ? I had the L&N upgrade done and 6 months later the IMS shaft started to come apart at the other end of the engine so I dumped the car as opposed to paying the rebuild cost.
No I am in Austin and the serial is IMS4009.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: