Boxster A/C dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 01:51 AM
steetable
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxster A/C dilemma

Hello Guys

Ok. I'm new to the forum, but I've searched and can't seam to find the answer to my problem. I have a 2000 Boxster I purchased a year ago. The A/C isn't working. I have tested what I believe is about everything I can think of. The charge on the system is fine and everything seems to work if I run a 12 volt supply to the relay on the switch side. I don't seem to be getting a signal from the computer that tells the relay to close. I did swap the 2 computers out when i purchased the car due to the water under the drivers seat. Common problem for these cars due to the convertible rod ends breaking. I also replaced the LCD screen on the auto thermo due to it being blurred. What am I missing?? Is there something that would tell the computer to not turn the A/C on? I even called the dealer and talked to a tech about the replacement computer I put in and if it could be from a non AC car and he said highly unlikely. So why would the computer not send the signal to the relay especially since the 134 charge is fine? Any help would be awesome!!! I hate letting this beat me.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:58 AM
steetable
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help from the pros

if i need to supply extra info please let me know. Maybe i'm missing something or maybe I bypassed a switch but I could really use some advise. Even if you think I should try different ECM's. I could use the input.

Again

Thanks guys
Old 03-11-2018, 12:06 PM
Brian in Tucson
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

When I've replaced compressors (on other cars) in the past, I've always replaced the accumulator, too. Usually the accumulator included a low pressure switch. The computer won't engage the compressor if the low pressure switch isn't closed, might yours be bad? Yeah, you aren't going to find a non A/C boxster PCM. And the likelihood of a bad PCM is probably slim. Unless you've actually gotten water under the drivers seat, same with the immobilizer.

I guess I'd suggest that you immediately get a Porsche repair shop manual.

Quick Reply: Boxster A/C dilemma