Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

986.2 Most Radio replacement (solved)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Vampster 986
5th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default 986.2 Most Radio replacement (solved)

I'm not sure if this is still an issue or someone else has figured it out but last summer when I added an iPad to replace my 986.2 Boxsters PCM 2.0 unit there seemed to be no knowledge on how to do this with the Bose Most fibre optic system without replacing your amp and speakers and everyone seemed to have accepted that though they had made boxes to go from an analog signal to a most signal for the later cars these cars were not supported but I found a relatively cheap seamless solution that once installed allows you too plug in any aftermarket stereo via 2 RCA connectors.

This is the Box I used and at £70 its not too costly:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mercedes-B...-/191981791033

all you need is switched power which I got from a single line from the instrument cluster to a relay.

If this issue has already been written up or is common knowledge please reply and I will take this down, if not also reply and I will try to do a proper write up also showing how you can easily get switched power for the aftermarket radio as well as illumination as I am about to swap to a single din Becker Indianapolis for a more stock look with more modern features such as storing all my music on an iPod in the glove compartment and hands free bluetooth and will have all the electric out again.

Just a pic of the iPad I installed.

Quick Reply: 986.2 Most Radio replacement (solved)