Sponsored by:

Reputable aftermarket companies for a 986, plus where to start

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Faceman742
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reputable aftermarket companies for a 986, plus where to start

Hello everyone. I've owned my 2000 Boxster S for about 7 years now, and I am starting to get the urge to start working on it a bit. Before this I owned a 2003 Miata which I tracked and played around with quite a bit during the 8 years I owned it. I purchased a house with a really nice garage two years ago so I have a place to work on the car. I also have a daily driver. Ok, back story out of the way.

Now with the miata parts were cheap and the car was easy to fix so I didn't care if I bought a crappy part and it broke, but things are different with the Boxster. After searching around for a few weeks I cannot seem to nail down who makes good aftermarket parts for our cars, I don't want some crappy ebay type stuff. If that makes any sense.
Right now I am looking at exhaust systems, coilovers, and wheels.

As for experience working on the car, well it's not the best but I am learning. I lived in a condo before so all the work on the Boxster was by an Indie that I trust, he did the LN IMS and RMS when he did the clutch. I did all the work on the miata myself, changing brakes, all the basic stuff, roll bar install, aftermarket seat install, suspension change, basic bolt on stuff etc. I purchased a shop manual for the Boxster, and I have all the basic tools I need ( I think ) so I think I am going to start working on the Boxster myself.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and if you could point my in the right direction on where to start looking for aftermarket parts that would be awesome.
Old 01-03-2018, 12:51 PM
brianmch
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Head over to the Spec Boxster section here on Rennlist to see build sheets for the racers/high end DE cars. That's about the only listing of aftermarket goodies.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Faceman742
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. I will go check that section out.

Quick Reply: Reputable aftermarket companies for a 986, plus where to start