Building a Marketplace for Porsche parts - user to user

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Andrewck
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Building a Marketplace for Porsche parts - user to user

Hi Boxster forum,

My name is Andrew and I’m a regular over in the 996 hangout, which is where I first posted this. During my current search for snow tires, I realized how painful the process of buying/selling lightly used Porsche parts actually is:
  1. There's no one location to see everything and keep organized (I have 20 bookmarked pages - RL classifieds, ebay, craigslist, other sites)
  2. Communication is often slow or poor and I'm often confused if a listed item has been sold or is still available
  3. Sellers aren't always reputable and I worry about the quality of parts, legitimacy of transaction (mostly public listing sites)
  4. All I want as a buyer is to have a clean, organized marketplace to compare parts and have a straightforward transaction
As a seller, I face similar frustrations
  1. My quality listings get lost in the classifieds or buried among spam and other listings
  2. I answer tons of questions about the product and never hear back from potential buyers (or get lowball offers)
  3. I have to refresh or bump my listings on a weekly (or more often) basis to prevent them from going away
  4. All I want as a seller is "set it and forget it" and to recoup some money to spend on more parts
Having this problem over the past couple years, I just got fed up last night and decided to build a marketplace to see if I can create a better solution: Flat Six Market. This is a marketplace for new and used Porsche parts made for Porsche enthusiasts, by a Porsche enthusiast. It's clean, simple, and populated by members of the Porsche community.

If this works and serves as a good resource for the community, I'll keep it up and continue to refine it. If not, then I'll let it expire and go back to crawling the various classifieds, forums and auction sites for parts. If you’d want to give it a shot, I’d appreciate any feedback.

https://porsche-parts.sharetribe.com/

Quick Reply: Building a Marketplace for Porsche parts - user to user