Notices

2015 Auto-X Video Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 11:49 AM
mopar bob
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dam cone jump out in front of me. This would have gave me my first 900+ score. As it was my fastest clean run was .3 sec. slower was good for 898 points. Boy do I need more seat time.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:11 PM
SPEEDEM0N
Advanced

Not to hijack but would sure like some feedback from the people who posted on this great thread!

https://rennlist.com/forums/autocros...for-autox.html
Old 06-29-2015, 02:42 PM
majormojo
Advanced

Bob, how does your scoring system work? What does a 900 score mean?
Old 06-29-2015, 05:55 PM
mopar bob
Pro

We use PAX it's a index and my index is .830. I believe that they multiple .83 by your time to give you a index time. Each class has a different index as this is to give each class chance to PAX well. You can get up to 1000 points and if you get over 900 in 2 races in a row they feel that you are no longer a rookie. This is a way to keep score and give you points. Lets say you place second 2 races in a row but you are on your game on one but don't run as good the next. You still place second place in your class but you get 968 the first and 922 on the second. This just means that you didn't run good as other folks in the other class's. This is a way to rate drive skill even if your in a slower class. So at the end of the year you take the 6 to points races out of 10 to see who places in your class. I would think this how you see who are the top drives of the season are. It looks like it works OK, but I'm the new kid on the block so someone fill in the gaps or correct me if I'm wrong.
It has been fun watching my scores get better as I get closer to the winning drivers. I should ask are you running PCA majormojo? I'm running SCCA
Old 06-29-2015, 06:29 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mopar bob
We use PAX it's a index and my index is .830. I believe that they multiple .83 by your time to give you a index time. Each class has a different index as this is to give each class chance to PAX well. You can get up to 1000 points and if you get over 900 in 2 races in a row they feel that you are no longer a rookie. This is a way to keep score and give you points. Lets say you place second 2 races in a row but you are on your game on one but don't run as good the next. You still place second place in your class but you get 968 the first and 922 on the second. This just means that you didn't run good as other folks in the other class's. This is a way to rate drive skill even if your in a slower class. So at the end of the year you take the 6 to points races out of 10 to see who places in your class. I would think this how you see who are the top drives of the season are. It looks like it works OK, but I'm the new kid on the block so someone fill in the gaps or correct me if I'm wrong.
It has been fun watching my scores get better as I get closer to the winning drivers. I should ask are you running PCA majormojo? I'm running SCCA
Is 900 a ratio? Like, if top pax is 54 seconds and you get a 60, you'd get 900 points for the event?
Old 06-29-2015, 07:11 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Sjfehr I thought you were SCCA. I'm not sure but it may be a ratio. Someone here should know how they figure the PAX. Don't let the new guy mess it up
Old 06-29-2015, 07:23 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Originally Posted by mopar bob
Sjfehr I thought you were SCCA. I'm not sure but it may be a ratio. Someone here should know how they figure the PAX. Don't let the new guy mess it up
I am, but you're talking two different things here, PAX and championship points. Rick Ruth's PAX is used pretty much universally (your PAX is multiplied by your time to give a racer's theoretical performance time as if everyone was running in A-Mod.) Every club does points differently, though. It's probably just a ratio score for your club, with 900 meaning you're 90% as fast as the top driver, with times compared based on PAX.

http://home.comcast.net/~paxrtp/rtp2015.html

Example:
1) You drive a 46.753 in SS, and receive a PAX time of 46.753*0.835=39.039
2) Joe Alien drives a 43.742 in an CSP miata, and receives a PAX of 43.742*0.861=37.662 and takes fastest pax of the event.
I'm assuming Joe would get 1000 points and you would get 37.662/39.039=965 points for this event. (Would be 96.47 points in my club; we use a 100 scale). Then, at the end of the year, you add up everyone's points to determine the champion. We use best 6/8, permitting 2 drops.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:44 PM
majormojo
Advanced

OK, I get it. I think it's probably working like sjfehr indicates where your score is calculated as:

(top pax time/your pax time) * 1000

That must be a local club thing as I haven't seen that particular method before. What our local clubs use for season championships is similar. Within a "superclass" of Street, Street Prepared, Prepared, etc your event score is:

(top pax time/your pax time) * 100

So the superclass winner of each event scores 100 pts towards the club season championship. We do this because the individual class groups tend to be quite small. We have a regional championship among 7 clubs that scores similarly.

I'm in Canada, so my situation is a bit unique. We are sanctioned through ASN Canada FIA, but we use the SCCA classing ruleset (with permission). This facilitates easy classing for those of us that do visit SCCA events in the USA and for SCCA members who come up to our events. (Yes, people cross the border both ways just to run around pylons in parking lots!).

/threadjack
Old 06-29-2015, 08:41 PM
mopar bob
Pro

Sjfehr thank you for straightening out the mess that I wrote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:20 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

This is how we figure points for our local series, not my formula I inherited it as points keeper:

Points = 100 - 100*[(My indexed time - Top index time) / Top index time]

Ends up being a "percentage of how fast you went as the fastest guy."

Longer winded explanation here:

http://strcarrera.blogspot.com/2013/...-for-cars.html
Old 07-01-2015, 06:27 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

So I stopped on the way home from the Toledo Pro at a local event to, of course, do more autocross.

Three years of trying to develop my car and somehow I've never driven a "real" STR car. :Clarkston: ...until now.

I jumped in a friend's reasonably well, but not limit prepped NC1. Never having driven one before, I immediately went 1.5 seconds faster than my best run in my car. And he wasn't even on the good tires. Bollocks.

I didn't have the camera rolling for my best run in my car, but you can see here that I make two rather large mistakes in my car in the two slowest parts of the course. What you can't tell from the video is that the Miata turns in like lightning (hence the cones,) transitions SO much faster than my car, and is 1000% more stable to boot.

Naturally, I'm currently shock shopping.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:38 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Originally Posted by burglar
Naturally, I'm currently miata shopping.
Fixed it for you!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:52 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sjfehr
Fixed it for you!
I unfriend you.

Old 07-05-2015, 05:03 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Was struggling with cones all day- coned away 2 runs that would have been top index and 3 that would have been FTD, and was getting frustrated because it started raining right before my last run. Somehow, I managed to stay fast and clean in the damp and took my first ever FTD at an SCCA points event Had to settle for 2nd place index this time, but that's OK, I got a pretty kick-*** plaque for taking FTD.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:01 PM
majormojo
Advanced

This is from yesterday, my best run. It sounds like I hit two cones, but it's really only one. I didn't get a clean run at all, which is a shame because I ended up 2nd raw by 2 tenths even with the cone. This was a bit fun because it was run on a racetrack and there was some opportunity to take advantage of the kerbing.

Quick Reply: 2015 Auto-X Video Thread