kpl
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bumper cam view from this last weekends joint GGR & LPR PCA 2 day autocross:
Old 04-16-2015, 05:45 PM
odb812
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was an awesome course on Sunday, good job with the design. I had a lot of fun through the finish.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:15 PM
XPC5
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Saturday run from the national tour at college station, slow on old tires unfortunately... well driven evo got me by over a second each day, need to step up my game.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:02 AM
edfishjr
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by XPC5
Saturday run from the national tour at college station, slow on old tires unfortunately... well driven evo got me by over a second each day, need to step up my game.
Always cool to see how fast you are in that car, Stan, and how good it sounds!
Old 04-26-2015, 11:39 PM
tokika
Instructor

Default Peachstate PCA

Video of my final run at the Peachstate PCA event today. I am loving this car!

Old 04-27-2015, 03:11 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Video from this weekend's local Porsche Club event. Car is a 2007 GT3. I ran a remote mic to the engine bay to avoid the typical 'woosh' sound you get from a GoPro.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:15 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

All the extra front tire put me into crazy oversteer land, had no ***** to turn yesterday besides tire pressure. I've left myself precious little time for iterations to fix the balance before the first Wilmington Pro.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:03 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by burglar
All the extra front tire put me into crazy oversteer land, had no ***** to turn yesterday besides tire pressure. I've left myself precious little time for iterations to fix the balance before the first Wilmington Pro.
What was your tire setup for this event?
Old 04-27-2015, 08:48 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sjfehr
What was your tire setup for this event?
Last year: 225 on 7" front, 255 on 9" rear Z2.
This year: 245/255 Re71r on 9s all around.

Removed bind from front sway, reduced rear camber. All stacked up I think.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:03 AM
edfishjr
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 83 Posts

Hey, you can never say you can't get the car to rotate!

Burglar, you're going to Bowling Green this weekend in another class, right? I want to meet you and talk about auto crossing the 911. I have a friend with a 993 who needs help.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:11 AM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by edfishjr
Hey, you can never say you can't get the car to rotate!

Burglar, you're going to Bowling Green this weekend in another class, right? I want to meet you and talk about auto crossing the 911. I have a friend with a 993 who needs help.
Yeah, I'll be there. Let co-driver pick the car to take. He thinks a quiet, comfortable, known good handling car on old Z2 with working A/C is a better choice than a loud, hot, suddenly murdery handling car on Bridgestones. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Look for the navy RX-8. Though with my track record (pun!) you probably shouldn't talk to me about anything at all, let alone 911 handling.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:19 PM
msterling
Advanced

You just need a bigger spoiler! Why reduce the rear camber? You took some weight out of the front too with the smaller battery. Did the track change (wheel offset/spacers)? Rear toe-in? Can you soften the rear bar?

I have a square tire setup on my 911 and it is not tail-happy unless I lift. 225/45-15 BFG Rival. My only suspension mods are alignment and adjustable Koni Sports.

Saw some fabulous times run with the BS RE71R tires at a local SCCA event last weekend.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:32 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by msterling
You just need a bigger spoiler! Why reduce the rear camber? You took some weight out of the front too with the smaller battery. Did the track change (wheel offset/spacers)? Rear toe-in? Can you soften the rear bar?

I have a square tire setup on my 911 and it is not tail-happy unless I lift. 225/45-15 BFG Rival. My only suspension mods are alignment and adjustable Koni Sports.

Saw some fabulous times run with the BS RE71R tires at a local SCCA event last weekend.
Had rear camber in the 4 degree range, been wanting to put it lower for a while. The big front wheels put most of the newfound tire on the inside, but yes, some of it outboard widening front track. I have the big rear swaybar on, still have the OE and "no bar" options.

I've already put the larger front torsions back in (putting the ride frequencies back closer to Porsche OE ratio F/R) as well as turned the rear camber back up. I know my rear sway was binding, I took care of that, but may try the OE rear bar anyways next. Have basically two events to get it drivable, would rather go slightly too far into push than slightly not enough and still have a loose car.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:32 AM
msterling
Advanced

Had rear camber in the 4 degree range, been wanting to put it lower for a while. The big front wheels put most of the newfound tire on the inside, but yes, some of it outboard widening front track. I have the big rear swaybar on, still have the OE and "no bar" options.

I've already put the larger front torsions back in (putting the ride frequencies back closer to Porsche OE ratio F/R) as well as turned the rear camber back up. I know my rear sway was binding, I took care of that, but may try the OE rear bar anyways next. Have basically two events to get it drivable, would rather go slightly too far into push than slightly not enough and still have a loose car.
Those changes should help. An adjustable rear bar might be a big plus for quick adjustments. I wonder what tire pressures are good for the Re71r and what camber they like.

I met a guy at the SCCA event in Kirtland, Oh that knows you. He was talking about fitting big tires on the front of an old 911. He might have been the guy with the STX BMw 128i that was very quick.
Old 05-03-2015, 09:12 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Took top pax at the ODR-SCCA regional autocross today! Narrowly missed FTD, too; ended up 2 tenths (& a cone) shy on the final tally. Kicking myself for not pulling out both, as today was probably my best chance at it all season, but still really happy to take top pax. Just going to have to drive faster, I guess

Quick Reply: 2015 Auto-X Video Thread