Notices

2nd Autocross - Video

Old 05-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Seamless
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2nd Autocross - Video

Took my 993 C4S out to autocross for the 2nd time. What a blast!

I'm still in need of some practice but was pleased with the results. The car was flawless.

Open to expert tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_LJ...ature=youtu.be

Thanks,
Old 05-20-2013, 04:37 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Link is broken!
Old 05-20-2013, 04:43 PM
Seamless
Rennlist Member

Hmmm,

Old 05-20-2013, 05:44 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Just a general comment, but I think you can dial your aggressiveness up a notch; basically, you just need to recalibrate that butt dyno You should be able to carry a lot more speed through most of those elements. Just be careful about lift oversteer.

You also seem to be coasting a lot- in autocross, you should either be full on the gas, full on the brakes, cornering as max gs, or a combination of the three. Anytime there's a straight line (or a less-than-max-corner), you should be on the gas right until the very instant you go full on the brake. Braking, too, should be right above the threshold where ABS kicks in- in fact, I'd say for your next autocross, make a point to brake hard enough to engage ABS until you get a feel for it.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Seamless
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely have to start looking ahead more. I could also push the car a little harder.

I can see where I can improve after comparing to the more experienced guys:

Old 05-20-2013, 08:19 PM
burglar
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Looks like you're on to a good start - you're pretty smooth, and open to suggestions. That's 90% of the battle right there. Autocross is extremely difficult, not something that can be learned in a day, month, or year.

But yes, work up that agression, get closer to the cones. Brake a lot harder. If you start sliding excessively or missing apexes, back off a tad. The goal is to nail you apexes at 99.95% of the limit of grip that's available.

And I oh man do I hate spin cones, but looks like they are unavoidable on that airstrip. Honestly, I would not go down to 1st. It takes longer to execute two shifts than the time you save just spinning the tires anyways. It may feel a bit slower, but the stopwatch will disagree. If you don't believe me, try it both ways and see for yourself. The less torquey S2000 is more of a 50/50 on that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2nd Autocross - Video