4-point Roll Cage

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 07:00 PM
StudioRSR_Ben
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-point Roll Cage

Hey Guys,

I work for a tuning facility out in Anaheim and one of our customers came in with a 991.1 Turbo S that we fabricated a 4-point chromoly roll cage for to run AutoX/HPDE/SCCA. He seems to be really digging the cage and since we have our jig setup with the proper dimensions after we performed the essential R&D to ensure exact fitment of the 991 chassis, I was just curious how many people on here have been looking for a bolt-in cage or would be interested. If we get a decent show of hands I believe it's something I can push the owner of the shop here to produce a bit more for the community. If anyone would like more information please feel free to shoot me a message.

Ben
Performance Laison @ www.studiorsr.com
info@studiorsr.com
StudioRSR
844-991-5582
Old 06-07-2018, 11:50 PM
kjchristopher
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StudioRSR_Ben
Hey Guys,

I work for a tuning facility out in Anaheim and one of our customers came in with a 991.1 Turbo S that we fabricated a 4-point chromoly roll cage for to run AutoX/HPDE/SCCA. He seems to be really digging the cage and since we have our jig setup with the proper dimensions after we performed the essential R&D to ensure exact fitment of the 991 chassis, I was just curious how many people on here have been looking for a bolt-in cage or would be interested. If we get a decent show of hands I believe it's something I can push the owner of the shop here to produce a bit more for the community. If anyone would like more information please feel free to shoot me a message.

Ben
Performance Laison @ www.studiorsr.com
info@studiorsr.com
StudioRSR
844-991-5582
This is the air cooled forum. You're 991 target audience is in that forum, not the 911 forum.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:41 AM
CDinSing
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 75 Posts

Do you have pictures of where the cage bolts in, coverage of the interior, materials and gage, joint type and location, harness attachment, amount of cutting required to the interior panels, etc? I have an RS inbound and am looking for a better harness cage than I have from my GT3. Since Turbos usually have sunroofs that would be a difference for a GT car. My use is strickly Autocross, DE application.

Agree 991 Turbo forum would be a more focused market group to post this.
Some one of us watercooled guys actually Autocross.
Old 06-14-2018, 04:59 PM
StudioRSR_Ben
7th Gear

Sorry about this being in the wrong post as I was having trouble finding the 991 forum.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:46 PM
StudioRSR_Ben
7th Gear

will move post.ty

Last edited by StudioRSR_Ben; 06-19-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:58 PM
cretinx
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since this is the Autocross forum, I can anticipate literally 0 demand for a cage at autocross. All it would do is add weight.

From a safety standpoint for HPDE stuff, no idea what the demand would be - most people who want a cage go full race-car at that point.

Quick Reply: 4-point Roll Cage