Notices

SCCA Stret Class Legal wheels for GT4

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Sprockett
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SCCA Stret Class Legal wheels for GT4

This might be a somewhat dated question but thought I would ask fresh in case there are newer options to consider over the last year or more. GT4 for SCCA SS class autocross. Don't have time for full custom options. Are there any off the shelf options that are known to fit besides the OZs that require machining 1mm of the pad?

Related question...wanting to run 265/35 front tires, is being at the limits of negative offset (+54mm) pushing the wheels out far enough that fender clearance is an issue?

Thanks
Old 08-21-2018, 11:10 PM
AdventureFlea
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

So looks like you have not gotten any response to this. I am wondering the same thing. I just bought a GT4 and plan on running it next year in SS. Looking to find 19x8.5 and 19x11 rims that will work on the car without having to modify it at all. Was also thinking about a F: 255 or 265 setup with a 305 rear. Not a ton of info out there. Is it just that no one is sharing the setups?
Old 08-22-2018, 12:05 AM
Sprockett
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ve been running SS all year and went with the OZ wheels for lack of other options. Had 2mm taken off the pads for like $50 a wheel. With the struts pushed in and running 265/35 tires there’s tons of room to the fender. The barrels are super tight to the brake calipers and rocks get caught in there all the time. It results in scored barrels and banged up calipers.

The rear OZ offset is the same as stock but to fit 19s you’ll need to space them out to
clear suspension. I got 7mm spacers which are the max allowed by the rules to be safe and there is very little clearance to the toe link. Not sure what the true minimum spacer needed would be. I’m running 305s and and the tires stick out the fenders but do not rub. No brake clearance issues.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Sprockett; 08-22-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Quick Reply: SCCA Stret Class Legal wheels for GT4