Notices

Slotted Rotors ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 12:17 PM
PedalFaster
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting point. To be honest, I don't think there's a consistent philosophy of the class regarding wear item replacement:
  • Tires - some restrictions, large performance gains possible, moderate expense
  • Shocks - some restrictions, moderate performance gains possible, high expense
  • Brake pads - no restrictions, small performance gains possible, low expense
  • Brake rotors - OEM only, no performance gains possible, low expense
  • Clutch - OEM only, no performance gains possible, low expense
If there is any consistent philosophy, it's to contain costs by containing prep allowances. The biggest change to the allowances in the time I've been autocrossing has been to further restrict tire options (by imposing the treadwear limit). Given that, I'd be very surprised if the SAC and SEB responded positively to a request to open up the brake rotor rules.

But like I (non-sarcastically) said earlier in the thread, write a letter.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:31 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Regardless, aftermarket non-slotted rotors are cheap and easy to replace so there isn't much of a burden here to stay with essentially OEM rotors. I would argue the same for shocks... I don't think trick shocks should be legal in street. Or aftermarket mufflers, for that matter. I think Street should be as stock as possible, leave the mods for Street Touring.

Quick Reply: Slotted Rotors ?