Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Focal K2 Power 165KR 6.5 2-way - Big Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 01:25 PM
FactoryMatt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Focal K2 Power 165KR 6.5 2-way - Big Thumbs Up

just replaced some 5.25 Morel coaxials with these. fed by a JL Audio XD200/2 Amp and complemented by a JBL Basspro SL powered sub stashed under teh seat.

Really really blown away by the sound. Very warm, full sound with plenty of clarity. Not at all harsh like the Morels. Haven't spent alot of time tuning yet (crossovers or pass filters), but man these really exceeded my expectations.

One thing i was hesitant about was the size. According to crutchfield they DONT fit the 987/997. These do with two caveats: to fit in the stock location, i had to dremel the locking 'tabs' off of the tweeters. basically just turned the plastic casing down by hand using an a Dremel orange stone wheel. Once i did (got OD down to ~39.5mm) the factory retention springs apply just the right amount of pressure to keep the tweeters secured. The second caveat is that the "boom mats", foam enclosures that mount behind the speaker, just brush the window assembly with fully retracted.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:49 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Focal don't know how to make a bad speaker IMO.
If you think the car speakers are good wait, until you listen to some of there better home speakers with Berilium tweeters! Amazing.

Quick Reply: Focal K2 Power 165KR 6.5 2-way - Big Thumbs Up