Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Carputer in 2006 Cayenne issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Brandon Smith
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carputer in 2006 Cayenne issue

I am adding a carputer to my 2006 Cayenne TS as the navigation no longer works and the cell integration is quite archaic. I have three questions...

1) Is there an aux in on the stereo so that I can wire the carputer signal in straight?

2) I have the old cell phone in the center console that is hardwired in. Can I remove it and use the power from there?

3) I have the two 12 volt connectors that I am trying to use under the dash on the passenger side but they keep pushing my chargers out. Any tiips?

Thanks!
Old 12-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Misc3r
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No carputer installed in my GTS yet, but I've installed about 4 carputers in my lifetime through various vehicle brands

- I believe you have the BOSE system, could you confirm?
- In my experience, getting rid of the factory head unit completely makes things MUCH easier to deal with
- If you are using the BOSE system, what I would recommend would be to tap into the wires of the factory amp located in the D-pillar, to get all the source of the factory speakers, so you won't need to spend $600 on a nav-tv device

let me know!

(I have a double-din 8" Full android headunit in mine now, but it sucks tbh... I'll re-build my entire system with a 10.1" LCD and will relocate the heated seats, warning button and aitbag light at the very bottom. LOTS of refab but it will look ridiculously factory)

Quick Reply: Carputer in 2006 Cayenne issue