Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Audio and Video Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/audio-and-video-forum-216/)
-   -   Bluetooth Won'Active 2012 Cayenne S (https://rennlist.com/forums/audio-and-video-forum/942387-bluetooth-wonactive-2012-cayenne-s.html)

Jmoore102 07-04-2016 02:43 AM

Bluetooth Won'Active 2012 Cayenne S

Ok so I had the PCM in and out of the car a few times with two different reverse camera systems. Finally got the camera system working but now I cannot activate Bluetooth or pair a phone. Any help on what might be causing this would be greatly appreciated.

Kayze 12-29-2019 02:33 PM

Great information on this board. I am planning to do this update to my Cayenne, but recently noticed the Joyeauto now includes the Cayman 2010 to 2016. I have a 2014 Cayman and would like to update to also have Appleplay in that car. Has anyone done the installation on a 981 to confirm it works?

mr_hyde 01-09-2020 03:57 AM

My carplay arrives from Hong Kong Friday (I think that makes something like 3 days shipping - jeepers!). I have a somewhat unique question:

I have two phone - one for work and one personal. Doesn't everyone have a racist, misogynistic brother-in-law that regularly sends NSFW pictures and messages? Anyway...

The work phone takes calls and text messages and the personal phone handles music and Audible (and brother-Ben's banter). I use Waze regularly but I don't particularly care which phone does the heavy lifting on that - I just want it on the PCM screen. That is the primary reason for buying the system. In my previous car, I had the work phone on a dash-mount holder doing Waze and hooked to the Bluetooth charging with a basic charger with the personal phone hooked the the car's USB making it available for music/audio books and also charging it but not interfacing for hands-free calls.

It occurs to me with this Carplay device, I might be able to have the work phone hooked to the PCM Bluetooth for basic calls (I don't need texts on the PCM screen) and have my personal phone connected to the Carplay Bluetooth for using Waze and music/audio books through Carplay. I can put a charging cable near a mag mount on the console somewhere and put a 2nd charger in the armrest case in the event the work phone needs a charge. If no charging is needed I can just leave the work phone in my pocket and if a call comes through it will jump to the PCM Bluetooth screen.

Two questions. 1) I am misunderstanding how this works? 2) How would you do it if you had my situations with the double phones? Again, I don't care which phone does Waze and I rarely/never take calls on my personal phone. Looking forward to a full weekend of tinkering!!!!

mr_hyde 01-09-2020 12:36 PM

Newbie fail. I meant to put this in the carplay thread. I will repost there. Moderators, feel free to delete this version...

Originally Posted by mr_hyde (Post 16341568)
My carplay arrives from Hong Kong Friday (I think that makes something like 3 days shipping - jeepers!). I have a somewhat unique question:

I have two phone - one for work and one personal. Doesn't everyone have a racist, misogynistic brother-in-law that regularly sends NSFW pictures and messages? Anyway...

The work phone takes calls and text messages and the personal phone handles music and Audible (and brother-Ben's banter). I use Waze regularly but I don't particularly care which phone does the heavy lifting on that - I just want it on the PCM screen. That is the primary reason for buying the system. In my previous car, I had the work phone on a dash-mount holder doing Waze and hooked to the Bluetooth charging with a basic charger with the personal phone hooked the the car's USB making it available for music/audio books and also charging it but not interfacing for hands-free calls.

It occurs to me with this Carplay device, I might be able to have the work phone hooked to the PCM Bluetooth for basic calls (I don't need texts on the PCM screen) and have my personal phone connected to the Carplay Bluetooth for using Waze and music/audio books through Carplay. I can put a charging cable near a mag mount on the console somewhere and put a 2nd charger in the armrest case in the event the work phone needs a charge. If no charging is needed I can just leave the work phone in my pocket and if a call comes through it will jump to the PCM Bluetooth screen.

Two questions. 1) I am misunderstanding how this works? 2) How would you do it if you had my situations with the double phones? Again, I don't care which phone does Waze and I rarely/never take calls on my personal phone. Looking forward to a full weekend of tinkering!!!!

Nhirsch 04-13-2020 09:29 AM

Two phone lines

How would you do it if you had my situations with the double phones?”

I have put both phone lines on one iPhone. Either line rings goes thru bluetooth. Checkout that capability. I have one line on Sprint, the other on AT&T. One is a physical SIM, the other an electronic code you put in to get a second line. Newer iPhones only. Not sure if can do with android

Galion 08-11-2020 12:50 PM

Arghh! Joyeauto CarPlay not connecting after IOS 13.6 update, anyone else?

Pzolee 12-04-2020 05:30 AM

Hi all.

My problem with Joyeauto Carplay. Working product.
How to connect external dvd or Xiaomi Mi box? HDMI connect ok.
How to swith menu or second " navi " button external player?
My car Cayenne 2012
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...38deadac4f.jpg

Pzolee 12-05-2020 06:17 AM

It is possible to switch in he menu,but it does not work. Press NAVI button repeatedly to switch to switch to another menu,but there is no image.
How can i connect another HDMI device?

Thanks.
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...7a9d7fb6df.jpg

Korisnik 01-19-2021 08:11 PM

Guys, i installed today Joyeauto kit on my Cayenne 2012 but it doesn't have AUX or USB , so i have nowhere to put that aux dummy adapter, now when i try something like listening music from usb or using CarPlay i can still hear the sound from PCM's radio or CD but no sound now from joye's kit.. Could it be that it needs that aux dummy in the glovebox installed??

teenwolf80 07-16-2021 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Galion (Post 16836246)
Arghh! Joyeauto CarPlay not connecting after IOS 13.6 update, anyone else?

I don’t think it’s the IOS update in my case, but my phone will connect to the JoyeAuto WiFi , but then say there is “No Internet Connection”. Just started doing this two days ago.

Bsalih 09-29-2021 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Kayze (Post 16319326)
Great information on this board. I am planning to do this update to my Cayenne, but recently noticed the Joyeauto now includes the Cayman 2010 to 2016. I have a 2014 Cayman and would like to update to also have Appleplay in that car. Has anyone done the installation on a 981 to confirm it works?

Yes it works

Kevin858 07-12-2022 02:41 PM

I ditched the JoyAuto solution (was having problems with my PCM 3.1 after installation - system kept auto rebooting every few minutes) and installed an Alpine ILX 107. Working perfectly for the last 3 years. I, too, only use CarPlay, so this was the best solution for me at the time. I know others have done the same.

I should point out that the Alpine unit has never skipped a beat despite a half dozen updates to iOS since it was installed in the car. The fact that Alpine is a real company that provides support for their units is a big win, in my opinion.