Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

AUX Input 997.2 TT not working?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 05:53 PM
azweepay
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AUX Input 997.2 TT not working?

Hi All-

I've searched, but can't seem to find the answer to my question...

I can't seem to get my AUX port on my 2012 997.2 TT to show up in the source menu when I plug a device into it. Is there somewhere in PCM 3 where the AUX input needs to be enabled? It doesn't seem like it should be this tough, honestly.

Admittedly not related, but the iPod and USB connectors work fine so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the "input block" as a whole. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nate
Old 09-15-2015, 03:49 PM
caslca
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

when you press the "source" hardware button, is one of the options AUX ?
Old 05-16-2020, 03:12 AM
Petr Kotek
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem: I could switch SOURCE between AM/FM/DISC/iPod/USB, but AUX wouldn't show up. Turned out, you can go to DISC > OPTIONS > "SET DISC / AUX" and enable the AUX. Then AUX will start showing up under SOURCE.

I know, it's been 5 years since the questions, but maybe somebody like me will find this information useful
Old 05-22-2020, 06:28 PM
cbrofman
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Petr! That was driving me crazy.
Old 06-22-2021, 12:01 AM
wrxnofx
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Petr Kotek
I had the same problem: I could switch SOURCE between AM/FM/DISC/iPod/USB, but AUX wouldn't show up. Turned out, you can go to DISC > OPTIONS > "SET DISC / AUX" and enable the AUX. Then AUX will start showing up under SOURCE.

I know, it's been 5 years since the questions, but maybe somebody like me will find this information useful
Petr, I see you've posted literally this one thing, but this was literally the ONLY post on the entire internet that explained how to address this issue. Let me add to it with some pics and a bit more expanded explanation.

First, you have to play a CD which makes zero sense.
When I put a CD in the player and started playing it and then selected the OPTION tab, it was showing me the options for something other than the CD which still makes no sense to me. After fumbling back and forth through the horrible interface I finally got the system to display the DISC information while playing the CD. So it looked like this:

Next, when viewing the DISC information, press the OPTION tab across the top (or the OPTION button on the right side of the screen), and you'll see this:

At this point, tap the SET DISC / AUX button and you'll see this:

If you're like me, only the iPod check box will be selected. So just select the USB and AUX check boxes:

Now the SOURCE window will actually show not just the iPod source option but also the USB and AUX sources.

Makes no sense but that's what it took.

Old 01-04-2022, 06:30 PM
jimfuerst
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Thank you!...I was trying to figure that out all summer.
Old 07-21-2022, 10:04 AM
jimfuerst
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Just a followup....the procedure worked to get the aux working, but I have to say, the sound is not great. CDs sound much better. I suspect that is a general problem with the radio

Quick Reply: AUX Input 997.2 TT not working?