Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Car receiver questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 04:16 PM
Mitch S
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car receiver questions

My 928 S4 came with an amp, subwoofer and all the other goodies. The receiver is ok but older. I have very bad reception on the radio. I pulled it to check the antenna. I have the shark fin on the roof and there's an antenna in the windshield. I'm not sure which one goes to the radio.
My questions:
1. Where is the antenna amplifier located.
2. There is a small black wire incased with the antenna that has a spade end on it not connected to anything. Shouldn't it be connected to something?
3. The system has a wine that goes up and down with the engine. I purchased a noise suppressor but where should I install it in the power supply?
Thanks for any advice,
Mitch
Old 04-29-2015, 03:36 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I'd like to help but need to see pictures of the small black wire with spade end.

Usually the antenna connectors on the back of aftermarket head units are either a thick black wire with a female end, or they have a circular opening on the back side where you insert the oem plug into.

As for the engine whine, that's most likely due to either a bad ground on the head unit harness or your wires (rca, speaker) are too close to the power wire.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:59 PM
Mitch S
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply.
Some have said the small black is to power the antenna amp. I am going to try and follow it back and check.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:24 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Quick Reply: Car receiver questions