Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

987 Boxster Power Source

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:33 PM
sightlinereaders
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 987 Boxster Power Source

I had a new Kenwood unit installed to replace the stock radio. Car did not have the Bose system. But there was an optical connection on the old unit that is no longer used. My problem is: Seems like I have two choices for power: 1.) Power always supplied to radio via an unused non-switched source on fuse block. 2.) Power to new radio, only when the key is in, AND ignition on. By ignition on, I mean all the dash lights are on the A/C might be running,etc.... Only thing not on is the motor. Old time cars used to have an accessory position, not so on this car.

I'd like to be able to have the aftermarket radio function like the stock radio where it would power on without the key, then time out after several minutes. OR, with the key in, but not turned.

If you ever notice, when you insert the key the instrument cluster powers up to show time and odometer. Be nice if that same lead could supply the power to the radio.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Sightline Readers

Quick Reply: 987 Boxster Power Source