Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

video recording help

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 PM
jhg41977
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default video recording help

My wife rides horse and I would like to record her lessons so she can watch herself and pick up additional pointers on the replay. The arena is 220ftx80ft or so. I would like to setup up maybe four cameras to capture from different points and have them record simultaneously so she can flip between cameras to see from different angles.

Any suggestions on hardware and software? I was thinking wireless would be easiest but really, its an open arena and easy to run wire. I have an older laptop I can donate to the cause. Its only a few years old so I don't think it will have a problem. Free software would be nice so everyone could use it.

Since it would be recording a horse and rider the video quality needs to be reasonably good. They use a FM transmitter system to communicate instructor to rider, if we can plug into that somehow it would be a huge benefit.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Last edited by jhg41977; 02-07-2013 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Jerrygreene
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

having used go-pro's, 1,2, and now 3 on order with the wifi remote. They might fit the bill? Easy to install,
good low light, battery and big SD card will record hr plus. Editing could be done on FCPX or imovie if you're a mac user.
So for her to view, it will be a bit of learning curve, but once mastered, pretty easy to view all angles at normal and slow speeds. If they have an extra FM transmitter , place near one of go pros , it will pick up the sound.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:51 AM
BigGenerator
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great answer! Will get high quality with go-pro's, and on the Mac, will have easy editing to switch between cameras or show multiple camera angles concurrently. Will be fun!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:14 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Only problem with using the gopros maybe the extreme wide angle shooting that will mean subject will be a long way away and so hard to see finer points of riding. It would be worth grabbing one and seeing how well it works in this application. Some cheap HD video cameras with zoom may be more suitable. If you go cheap cameras get ones that use SD cards, as this will make it easy to transfer video into a Mac or PC for editing. Anyway sounds like a great project
peace
Cyberpunky
Old 05-10-2013, 04:36 AM
zdd7
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also want to know that

Quick Reply: video recording help