Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

wireless speakers with an old receiver

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:31 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,254 Posts
Default wireless speakers with an old receiver

I have an excellent but old (non-digital) Kenwood AR-304 reciever, which runs my cassette deck, turntable, and cd player. I have a nice set of JBLs wired into it. I need to get speakers to other parts of the house (same floor, different rooms) and do not want to run wires.
Is here a way to utilize a wireless solution with these non-digital components?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

with wired there would be no delay issues. If you went wireless AV senders they would introduce a noticeable delay. For the money that would cost you(av senders) and a system at other end, may be better using just independent systems in each area or just cranking your amp up so you can hear it through out the area
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 PM
powderzone
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My understanding is to avoid the delay between zones you need a mesh network. www.sonos.com has several solutions to integrate an older stereo with additional wireless speakers, laptops etc... Pretty powerful stuff for a decent price. Haven't done this myself but a couple of friends have with positive results / reviews.
Dave
Old 05-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I forgot all about Sonus (and I used to sell it). It is the perfect solution for your needs. You buy a main hub type device that plugs into your main system(and internet for streaming) and then add powered speakers for any zone you want music in. You can control it all from an iPad or iPhone or Sonus have their own system controller.

You can plug in other sources like a computer or MP3 player to each powered speaker. You can have the same music playing through all speakers from your current system, and you can stream music from online to system too. You can also add to the system as needed or move speakers where they are needed like outside for a BBQ. you just need power outlet and to be in range of system which isnt a problem in normal houses
Old 05-31-2013, 03:08 AM
JJulian
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on Sonos system. You can get the a base to your wired system and add powered wireless speakers. iphone and ipad control plus streaming music from internet services such as rhapsody or your own music library

Quick Reply: wireless speakers with an old receiver