Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

I'm a convert!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 05:23 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default I'm a convert!

I reported about my Linn Unidisk player a while ago. It was good but a ***** of a thing to use. The set up was a joke and the lights on the front panel just plain nasty. But it sounded good.
I got tired of not being able to read the display and the way the player behaved.
So I took on a challenge from the Cambrige importer here and took home a 751BD all round player. This is a total breeze to set up and I can read the display. Actually I turned the brightness down.

This player proves that there is a true audiophile multi disc player. The sound after a break in period is just stunning. Warmer than the Linn and the soundstage way more impressive.

Sure there are a couple of flaws like the remote takes a while to respond when you are in te menu system but thats a nothing issue after hearing the player.
SACD is just stunning, real, amazing sound stage , natural etc. Normal CD playback is better than the Linn.
I am so happy with this player. Bluray is awesome for pic and sound. the front USB input is cool for watching movies.
This is a seriously good CD/DVD/SACD/Bluray player.
Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Dean_Fuller
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the report. I will have to look into that one soon. How much do they run cost wise?
Old 05-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the Cambridge Audio 840C player for a couple of years and I am very, very happy with it. I'm not even getting the best out of it as I am not using the differential outputs.

Paul
Old 05-31-2012, 04:02 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

The 840 is a very nice player. It would take a bloody good listener to pick the difference between the 840 and the new 751 IMO.
The 751 is $1600NZ here and worth every cent. Every time I listen to it there seems to be more detail. Might be me imagining that, not sure, but it's a cracker.

Quick Reply: I'm a convert!