Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

The Official A/V Forum For Sale Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Marc Gelefsky
Super Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default The Official A/V Forum For Sale Thread

As requested I have created this thread for posting AV items For sale.
Please Remember the Rennlist rules for posting FS items.
  1. Post a price every time
  2. No Commercial Posts
  3. No Posting for Friends, you must be a Rennlist Member.

Enjoy!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:24 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,929 Likes on 1,168 Posts
Default Price reduced OBO

Want to thank Marc for setting us up with a place to buy and sell Music, Stereo and HT equipment.

I will start.

Up for sale a nice vintage pair of David Hafler DH-200 amps bridged for mono use. I have owned these since new. These are rated at 333 watts per amp bridged mono at .005% THD. Both amps have had the polypropylene cap upgrade and sounded terrific last I listened to them.

Here is a link regarding these units when new. Hafler was well ahead of the design curve back when he designed these and many amps today follow his design.

http://www.nulltime.com/DIYAudio//pr...200review.html

Included are a rare set of rack mount face plates and handles. There is some wear from use and moving around over the years. If you want a nice amp with lots of punch great for rock music this is worth considering.

I will accept paypal with 3.5% added and shipping is extra CON US only.

Please PM me with any questions.

Price is $425.00obo + shipping and paypal or a check will suffice but will need to clear before I ship.
Attached Images   

Last edited by cobalt; 01-29-2011 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:41 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

So nobody is interested in posting stuff for sale or buying the amps? The price is OBO and of course it is guaranteed to arrive working.

I have a lot of other stuff I need to unload. Maybe something a little higher end.

How about a very nice Accuphase E-408 integrated amp. with AD-20 phono card. MSRP was nearly $9200.00 for these units and they are built like a tank. Not even McIntosch can claim better quality and this is a very good sounding unit. I had the highly acclaimed Sim Audio LP 5.3 prior to the AD20 and IMO the AD-20 did a better job. I think some of it has to do with running off the huge Accuphase power supply with no interconnects.

I rate this unit very highly a 9 out of 10 for cosmetics and sound. There is a very small nick on the plate as shown otherwise I cannot find anything wrong with it. Comes complete with original box, remote and paperwork for both units. i will ship CON US only at my expense although if using paypal I would want 3% added to price. Check is fine but won't ship until after it clears.

I would also consider selling each unit separately. $500 for the AD-20 and $3500 for the E-408. otherwise both for $4000 special rennlist price.

Triple parallel push-pull output stage delivers quality power: 180 watts×2 into 8 ohms, 260 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
Preamplifier and power amplifier with MCS topology and current feedback
Logic-control relays permit straight and short signal paths
Tone control circuits
Ample power supply with high-capacity R-toroidal transformer
Option board slots provide capability for digital signal input or analog record playback (AD-20) is the optional analog record playback.

http://www.accuphase.com/historys/pdf/e-408_e.pdf

I hate to see this go but I have other equipment on the way and this is no longer required.

SOLD
Attached Images     

Last edited by cobalt; 01-29-2011 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-01-2011, 12:17 PM
aeshultz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can second the Hafler DH-200s - I'm using one with my MMGs right now (also recapped and reconditioned). These things might not be sexy any longer, but they're great sounding amps.
I do have a Yamaha M-60 amp for sale - I need to get photos up. Very good condition, sounds great, it just didn't beat out the Hafler in my system. $200 + shipping from 43017.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:49 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Synthesis 'Shine' integrated vacuum tube amplifier. Hand-made in Italy, this is a very rare amplifier. Retail price is ~$3500 USD. Asking $1200 OBO + shipping.

Synthesis are not well known in North America, but their amplifiers consistently review well in the international press. The 'Shine' amplifier is part of Synthesis' 'Black' collection, as noted by its piano black lacquer finish with chrome transformer covers.
http://www.synthesis.co.it/black.htm
http://www.whathifi.com/review/synthesis-shine/

Specs:
Push-pull configuration, 5881/6L6WGC, fixed-bias
2x40 wpc
5 Gold-plated RCA inputs for CD, Tuner, Video, AUX1, AUX2
1 Tape output
Front selectors for Balance, Volume, Source
Uses 4 5881/6L6WGC power tubes, and 2 each 12BH7/12AX7-ECC83 in the gain stage

Condition:
I would rate this a strong 6.5/10.
It functions perfectly and the piano-black finish is nearly flawless with just a few minor nicks. It is missing the remote control. It does come with the tube cage.
The amplifier will be sold with a set of nice Sovtek tubes. However I do have a selection of NOS gain-stage tubes as well as some 'upscale' power tubes available at extra cost.
This is a heavy amplifier and will come packaged in it's original velvet bag and wooden shipping crate (the Italians have such a flair for the dramatic!). You will be happy with both the performance and appearance of this amp - which is sure to be wife-approved. Please PM me with any questions.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:04 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

So is anyone interested in anything here? I thought we would have more activity.

I am adding a Richard Gray 600S power conditioner to the list. This unit is in very nice condition and has original power cord which is critical to have. these units make a huge difference when using older wiring in a home with non dedicated circuits. that amp you are using might be robbing the power your CD player needs to deliver full sound. Of all the products out there this is constantly known as the one to have.

RGPC 600 S
Designed to be displayed with other home entertainment gear
Contains one 6,000 Watt parallel choke for continuous high performance regardless of power line limitations
Non-sacrificial dual stage surge protection for protection that does not wear out over time
Non-current limiting noise removal for uncompromised performance
Eliminate intercomponent “cross talk”
Beautiful, award-winning art deco design and switchable backlit logo
Rack mounting kits available
Available in black or silver
Its six commercial-grade Hubbell outlets mean it is large enough to power most mid-sized home theaters and two-channel systems

Price is $700 shipped within CON US only these units list for $1350.00 new.

I also have 2 laser disk players for sale if anyone is interested one is a pioneer and the other is a top of the line Panasonic LD-1000. Both units have low hours and I can supply movies with them if wanted. Send me a PM for more info if interested.

These are not pictures of the actual unit.

SOLD
Attached Images   

Last edited by cobalt; 01-29-2011 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Dean_Fuller
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

VPI Scout. I purchased new with all boxes, manuals, jigs, and standard 9" arm. I upgraded the motor from the 600 rpm to the 300 rpm which made a big difference in noise transfer which was low to begin with. I also have the stainless steel VPI record clamp upgrade as well. Much more mass than stock. The table will be shipped in its factory box with all its padding so that's good. I also will include its Micro-Benz HO Wood body cart with its own factory box and paper work. Retail on it was $1500. I would say the cart has 300 hours on it and still sounds and looks great. I always use my VPI record cleaner before playing a record! Retail on all is over $3100......

I would take $1800 which includes shipping and insurance to the 48 states. Other shipping will be cost minus $50. Pics are available and Pay pal can be used if you want. The table I would grade at 8/10 just because of use and age...The only marks I see are on the tone arm at the rest post and one small mark on the rear above left leg ( see pic ).

Reason for sale is I have been unemployed for almost 2 years now and need the money. I have TONS more I will be selling but the remainder is all VINTAGE.

SOLD
Attached Images          

Last edited by Dean_Fuller; 01-19-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:35 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dean_Fuller
VPI Scout. I purchased new with all boxes, manuals, jigs, and standard 9" arm. I upgraded the motor from the 600 rpm to the 300 rpm which made a big difference in noise transfer which was low to begin with. I also have the stainless steel VPI record clamp upgrade as well. Much more mass than stock. The table will be shipped in its factory box with all its padding so that's good. I also will include its Micro-Benz HO Wood body cart with its own factory box and paper work. Retail on it was $1500. I would say the cart has 300 hours on it and still sounds and looks great. I always use my VPI record cleaner before playing a record! Retail on all is over $3100......

I would take $1800 which includes shipping and insurance to the 48 states. Other shipping will be cost minus $50. Pics are available and Pay pal can be used if you want. The table I would grade at 8/10 just because of use and age...The only marks I see are on the tone arm at the rest post and one small mark on the rear above left leg ( see pic ).

Reason for sale is I have been unemployed for almost 2 years now and need the money. I have TONS more I will be selling but the remainder is all VINTAGE.

Wow that is a great deal. Very nice table and benz makes a great cartridge and has an aggressive trade in program if you decide to upgrade but with only 300 hours on it it is practically new.

Sorry to hear about the job situation and GLWS
Old 02-17-2011, 04:28 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
Default FS Rega Planar 3

Very good condition, everything works, just some very slight hazing on the dust cover from cleaning. Includes Ringmat and VTA adjuster. New belt 2 yrs ago; unit unused for almost a year due to replacment by a VPI Classic. Will throw in unmounted Sumiko Blue Point Special cart. pix on request

$400 shipped to US

SOLD

Last edited by dbf73; 07-12-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:02 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

Have a fee items for sale. Would prefer socal local sales but will ship except as noted.

Audioengine A5 amplified speakers. These sound awesome. Used them for a couple of months on location and no longer need. In orig box with carry bags and manuals $250 obo

Sherwood Newcastle P965 preamplifier processor. Has SNAP auto eq. Great sounding piece but does not do HDMI switching. In orig box with remotes and manuals $400 obo

Energy 3.1e series speakers. Drivers are perfect. Grills a little aged. Sound great $100 obo. Local only

Energy EPS12 subwoofer. Cabinet is clean but grill also a bit aged. Driver perfect. $175 obo or combine with 3.1's for a great package combo at $250! Local only

Sony PS3 with force logitech force feedback wheel. 60gb non SACD version. $275 obo.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:29 PM
Dean_Fuller
Drifting

REL B3 sub in Maple.

Bought NEW about 4 years ago in Knoxville, TN. I would rate this at 9 out of 10. There are 3 very light 1" scratches on the top from vinly albums sliding around. I never sat anything heavy on them. There are no dings or dents. All corners and edges are stronge. I have all the paper work, cables and box packaging. I have not used it but a couple times in the last 2 years as I have purchased speakers that no longer need the low end help.

New retail is $2000...asking $1100. Shipping will be extra...it is BIG and HEAVY. I can deliver withing say 300 miles for a fee. I am out of work so all I have is time.

Deanfuller1960@gmail.com

cell is 865-696-8422

I live in Columbus Mississippi.

SOLD
Attached Images     

Last edited by Dean_Fuller; 01-19-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:12 PM
Dean_Fuller
Drifting

Single Mcintosh 30 amp. Works with tubes. Chrome is not great. I would say 50% of lettering is good. Sounds fine but I am sure new caps would be a good idea. Close up pics are of the worst chrome areas. Has new replacment cord. Asking $950 plus shipping.

SOLD
Attached Images        

Last edited by Dean_Fuller; 01-19-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:51 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

FS: Car Audio

Sold separately or as a complete system....

1- Alpine PXE-H650 Processor. $200 This unit allows you to use the stock head unit and tune your system. Comes complete with remote, microphone to tune system and owners manual

1- JL Audio HD600/4 Digital Power Amp. $500 150w 4 ch or 150w for front speakers and bridge rear to 300w for Subwoofer

1- JL Audio 10W3V3 10" subwoofer $175 in a sealed box with mounting hardware

1pr- Hertz HSK165XL 2 way speakers $200

$1000 for quick sale. I will meet in person and travel to various parts of Florida on business to meet in person or I will ship for FREE for asking price.
Mike 813-335-2937
Old 07-25-2011, 11:28 AM
axius0
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey mdrums is the HD600/4 still for sale?
Old 12-01-2011, 01:02 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Default less than one year old Shindo Aurieges

Here is a fantastic practically new Shindo Aurieges tube preamplifier with MM phono section. I have a Shindo Step Up transformer for sale if interested for MC cartridge.

Ken Shindo makes some of the worlds finest stereo equipment by hand. Each piece is made to order using very rare tubes and unique designs with point to point connections to achieve the best sound of any preamp i have heard and I think I have heard most all of them.

This unit rivals pre's costing double and is his latest design using a single box vs the previous versions double box design. (New design as of Jan 2011)

Don't believe me do a search and read the reviews IMO you need to look no further than a shindo pre to make your system shine. No coloration of music just clean wonderful reproduction of the recording offering almost life like sound. As you climb up the shindo line each unit sounds the same but opens up detail that most other pres do not offer. I am talking units made by Lamm, CJ, AR, Krell Etc etc.

MSRP is $5000.00 I have used this unit lightly this past 9 months but broke down and moved to a higher level unit.

Asking $4000.00 obo $750 for SUT. I will cover shipping in the CONUS only no shipping to Canada or anywhere else. 3% paypal fees all original box and cord. This unit looks as new without any blemishes.

Contact me for more info.

http://www.shindo-laboratory.co.jp/E.../Aurieges.html

SOLD
Attached Images   

Last edited by cobalt; 12-12-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official A/V Forum For Sale Thread