Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Need Help from Audio/Electrical Experts

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 08:09 PM
xpensivewino
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Need Help from Audio/Electrical Experts

Hello,
I just took delivery of a car, that has had a lot of audio/electrical work done to it. I am 100% a factory stock guy. Everything the car has seems to be very high end stuff that was supposedly done by “experts”. It has a modern head unit that has every thing imaginable Apple this and Apple that, reverse cameras, navigation etc. There is a blue tooth mic mounted near the gauges, and phone plug ins in the console. Under the passengers seat is what appears to be an amp and other modules. At the positive battery terminal is a very nice looking circuit breaker and master power module. Personally I’d love to rip it ALL out and go back to stock or even a radio delete. ***Most importantly for now though is the removal of LED under glow lights.*** The car has underglow lights installed on the perimeters. Several of the strips have plug in ends that are simple to remove, but some of the others I can’t yet find plug ends as far as 12 or so inches away from the light strip. The lights turn on when the car is unlocked, but do not run when the car is started or moving. My basic question is, can I just initially cut the wires to the light strips and properly tape everything off, until I get the car on a lift? Or will this leave a potentially open circuit causing alarm issues etc. I want to just cut the power wires going into the strip and remove the strips. I watched some videos and it seems most of these light set ups have a control box near the positive battery terminal, but I’m not seeing one in this case. I’d like to just disconnect the entire box and then it doesn’t matter. However until I isolate the control box, is it safe to just terminate the wire and tape off the ends? Lastly what’s the expert opinion in having all of this stuff removed? I’m pretty handy and don’t mind the work, but my major concern is what systems are all of these add ins tied in too? I don’t want to cause all sorts of issue with the factory accessories by removing the aftermarket stuff. Any and all advice is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks

Quick Reply: Need Help from Audio/Electrical Experts