Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

How to get the best audio quality on my 2024? Lossless player?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 11:30 AM
DurangoAl
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to get the best audio quality on my 2024? Lossless player?

I searched a number of ways and couldn't find a thread on this, please post if I missed it. Basically, I would like to learn what audiophiles here have done to have high quality music.

I'm setting up my 2024 Cayenne S after trading in my 2013 958.1. It has the Burmester and I want to get the most out of it.
In my 958.1, I kept an iPod classic plugged in with music at 320 bit rate, but it seems like the PCM really doesn't like for you to have two devices connected in general. In fact, when I tried to use the "add a music player" function on the 2024, it said I had to disconnect Carplay, which I don't want to do, and at any rate, it didn't recognize my iPod, I guess it's just too classic. Also, with the new dash design, the only USB connections are in the charging compartment and there really isn't room for a player and a phone, although I might try to rig something if having a separate player turns out to be the best answer.

Since I set up my 2013, lots has changed and you can now get a terabit of memory on an iPhone(!!). So my thought currently is to get a new phone and put my 12,000 song lossless library on it. Then it occurred to me that the bluetooth wasn't going to support lossless, so I'm wondering if I plug the phone into the car, will it take advantage of the lossless files.

Any suggestions on the best way to get lossless music much appreciated!
Thanks.
Old 11-07-2023, 08:33 PM
DurangoAl
4th Gear

Default USB-C?

And it just occurred to me, does anyone know if the USB-c ports on the 2024 are even Aux-in as apposed to just charging?
Old 11-10-2023, 12:24 PM
DurangoAl
4th Gear

Default part of it solvled

Answer appears to be to load the lossless music onto a USB-c thumbdrive and insert into the phone charging compartment. Burmester picks up everything fine, except playlists. I exported the playlists as M3U, Burmester sees the list, but when you try to play a song it says "function not available". I exported the playlist with the actual song files attached and it works. Plan now is to put 10,000 songs (Burmester's stated limit) from my library on one thumb drive then put all the playlists and attached songs on another and plug both in, but if anyone knows how to get the playlists to work as list-only (without re-copying the music files) please let me know.
The following users liked this post:
allen986 (02-17-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 08:24 AM
diamondtorch
2nd Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DurangoAl
I searched a number of ways and couldn't find a thread on this, please post if I missed it. Basically, I would like to learn what audiophiles here have done to have high quality music.

I'm setting up my 2024 Cayenne S after trading in my 2013 958.1. It has the Burmester and I want to get the most out of it.
In my 958.1, I kept an iPod classic plugged in with music at 320 bit rate, but it seems like the PCM really doesn't like for you to have two devices connected in general. In fact, when I tried to use the "add a music player" function on the 2024, it said I had to disconnect Carplay, which I don't want to do, and at any rate, it didn't recognize my iPod, I guess it's just too classic. Also, with the new dash design, the only USB connections are in the charging compartment and there really isn't room for a player and a phone, although I might try to rig something if having a separate player turns out to be the best answer.

Since I set up my 2013, lots has changed and you can now get a terabit of memory on an iPhone(!!). So my thought currently is to get a new phone and put my 12,000 song lossless library on it. Then it occurred to me that the bluetooth wasn't going to support lossless, so I'm wondering if I plug the phone into the car, will it take advantage of the lossless files.

Any suggestions on the best way to get lossless music much appreciated!
Thanks.
To maximize audio quality in your 2024 Cayenne S with Burmester, consider storing your lossless music library on a high-capacity iPhone and connect it directly to the car for optimal sound. Bluetooth may not support lossless, so a wired connection would be preferable. Explore the possibility of using a dedicated audio player if space allows and if it improves your setup. Experiment to find the best combination for your preferences.
The following users liked this post:
allen986 (02-17-2024)

Quick Reply: How to get the best audio quality on my 2024? Lossless player?