Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Thank you Musicar

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2023, 09:45 PM
Mike (Naples)
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Thank you Musicar

My hobby is building cars and every car I've built has had a superb sound system, with the exception of my K20 Cheyenne which I'm still thinking about.

When I buy new cars, I always option the best audio system offered and am usually disappointed. Porsche's Burmeister (at least in the Cayenne) is mediocre at best. The B&O in my RSQ8 is nothing special. Interestingly, the B&O in my DBS is very, very good. I suppose belt tightening since 2010 then has resulted in less robust systems. Anyway, before I put you to sleep, the Bose system in my 991.2 GT3 is garbage. It makes me wonder what the "Sound Package Plus" sounds like.

No doubt many of you couldn't care less about audio other than that from the exhaust of your high performance cars. I like that sound, too, and have a performance (read "loud") exhaust on every performance car I own. But I still like to listen to music and it needs to be louder and clearer to hear over the exhaust. That led me to a search for my GT3 and eventually to Musicar.

After reading a couple threads here and talking with Nick at Musicar, I took the plunge on a Stage 3 system for the GT3. It arrived yesterday. Opening the boxes, everything about it screamed professionalism, from the bespoke foam, wood and cardboard packaging to the elegant finishes to the customized speakers, amplifier and wiring harnesses. The system cost $6000 which, while not seemingly cheap, is actually great value for what you're getting. The best part is it's all plug and play. It took me five hours start to finish to install it, and I listened to several songs from different genres before buttoning things up and putting the seat back in. If I'd taken my car to a custom audio shop they'd have kept it for days, charged much more and god knows what mess they'd have made under the dash and carpets. This is a premium kit and reasonably easily installable by a capable DIYer.

This system rocks. The Bose system sounds like a pocket AM radio by comparison. I couldn't be happier. And I broke only one clip!

Last edited by Mike (Naples); 05-01-2023 at 09:23 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mike (Naples):
dixonk (05-05-2023), Spectre65 (06-27-2023)
Old 05-01-2023, 03:37 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 686 Likes on 208 Posts

Thanks for the review, Mike!

Glad the install wasn't too complicated and even happier that you love the new sound!
The following 2 users liked this post by 12v Nick:
Mike (Naples) (05-13-2023), Spectre65 (10-31-2023)
Old 05-06-2023, 03:22 PM
12vElectronic
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Musicar is a phenomenal shop and their Porsche packages are top notch.
Old 05-13-2023, 03:28 PM
louzayong
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, I find your hobby so cool, thanks for sharing!

Old 05-13-2023, 08:59 PM
Mike (Naples)
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Like you said in the thread, the hardest part was getting the optical to analog converter in place above and behind the fuse panel.

Quick Reply: Thank you Musicar