Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

JoyeAuto installed in 991.1 - Queens, NYC

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 08:38 PM
PuraVida
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the backup camera video quality better than your Macan? I'm not too thrilled about the resolution on my factory camera.
Old 10-07-2020, 09:38 PM
curveball
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PuraVida
Is the backup camera video quality better than your Macan? I'm not too thrilled about the resolution on my factory camera.
I can't remember the video quality on Macan, that probably means they are about the same...
Old 10-07-2020, 10:04 PM
PuraVida
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by curveball
I can't remember the video quality on Macan, that probably means they are about the same...
Fair enough. I appreciate the insight. Cheers
The following users liked this post:
curveball (10-07-2020)
Old 11-03-2020, 10:33 AM
Last_935
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 181 Posts

Last week I installed the JoyeAudio unit with front and rear Natika cameras in my GT4. It was quite an involved process as I removed both LWB seats (highly recommend removing them for access and protection), the center console inc. the armrest compartment, trunk and engine cover carpeting, interior trim, and front and rear bumpers (plus a laundry list of other bits and parts: headlights, battery, cabin air filter box... ). I can understand why a shop would charge $1,000+ in labor to do this.

As I don't have Sirius or Bose, I had no issue mounting the internal card in the PCM and didn't need any additional risers and was also able to mount the JoyeAuto unit in the cavity under the passenger seat. I highly recommend this location if available as it allows for ventilation and easy future access. I mounted the cameras centered above the rear license plate and below the front bumper in front of the center radiator. Finally, I added a USB port in the armrest compartment to allow for a charging/storage location for my iPhone. I did have some issues with getting the cameras to work properly and had to contact JoyeAuto Tech Support for assistance. With all that said, I'm very happy with the installation and results. One thing that I have not seen mentioned with DIY installs is that after an install of this magnitude, all the fault codes will most likely have to be cleared using a code reader. I had about every code, including my airbag sensor tripped.

I do have questions regarding connecting my iPhone. As it can play through either the AUX of Bluetooth PCM Source, which one should I use? Is one better than the other? And, should I continue to have my iPhone connect to the car via Bluetooth? I would love to have a better understanding of the interactivity of all the connections. Thanks for any advice and if anyone has any questions regarding an install, let me know.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:42 AM
curveball
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Last_935
Last week I installed the JoyeAudio unit with front and rear Natika cameras in my GT4. It was quite an involved process as I removed both LWB seats (highly recommend removing them for access and protection), the center console inc. the armrest compartment, trunk and engine cover carpeting, interior trim, and front and rear bumpers (plus a laundry list of other bits and parts: headlights, battery, cabin air filter box... ). I can understand why a shop would charge $1,000+ in labor to do this.

As I don't have Sirius or Bose, I had no issue mounting the internal card in the PCM and didn't need any additional risers and was also able to mount the JoyeAuto unit in the cavity under the passenger seat. I highly recommend this location if available as it allows for ventilation and easy future access. I mounted the cameras centered above the rear license plate and below the front bumper in front of the center radiator. Finally, I added a USB port in the armrest compartment to allow for a charging/storage location for my iPhone. I did have some issues with getting the cameras to work properly and had to contact JoyeAuto Tech Support for assistance. With all that said, I'm very happy with the installation and results. One thing that I have not seen mentioned with DIY installs is that after an install of this magnitude, all the fault codes will most likely have to be cleared using a code reader. I had about every code, including my airbag sensor tripped.

I do have questions regarding connecting my iPhone. As it can play through either the AUX of Bluetooth PCM Source, which one should I use? Is one better than the other? And, should I continue to have my iPhone connect to the car via Bluetooth? I would love to have a better understanding of the interactivity of all the connections. Thanks for any advice and if anyone has any questions regarding an install, let me know.
Congrats, very impressive that you did all those yourself!

I deleted the Bluetooth PCM source on my phone and use AUX only. And there are 2 ways to connect your iPhone to the unit:
1. WiFi connect to JoyeAuto unit - you get wireless Apple Carplay this way, but sometimes there is a sudden lose of half a second audio when you listen to music, not sure if it's my phone or my unit
2. USB connect to JoyeAuto unit - you need to disable your wifi, or remove JoyeAuto from your Wifi list so it does not connect automatically. This is how I use it, music quality is very good, no lose of audio signal, and I need to charge my phone anyway

Remember to turn off Carlife from main menu - I think it's under Smart Phone. Otherwise when you connect to USB, CarLife will pop up.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-03-2022, 04:30 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Reviving this thread since some of you are local to me (Hoboken). I bought a GT4 from a dealer this winter and it has front and rear cameras and Joye Auto installed. The dealer couldn’t tell me anything about the system. The previous owner had an iPhone cord run out of the center tunnel to presumably where he mounted his phone. When I plug into that cable, there is no recognition of the phone (ie it does not start charging) and of course no Joye Auto start. I tried contacting the company via WhatsApp simply to get an installation manual and they would not even provide that. Can anyone either a) give me advice or b) tell me a local shop who is familiar with the product and did your installation? Thanks so much!
Old 11-08-2022, 09:43 AM
Armando Senra
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by curveball
  • There is a super detailed thread about JoyeAuto installation:https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1045...r-991-1-a.html
  • Dash camera is stand alone, it is not connected to JoyeAuto. I had it professionally installed so you don't see the wires and it turns on/off with thee car, the dash camera can record video on an MicroSD card and can be viewed/downloaded to the app on your phone.
  • Yes you can connect a front-facing camera and a rear-facing camera to JoyeAuto and have both turned on while parking
Backup camera used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dash camera used:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DF8MQX1/ref=emc_b_5_t

Standoff screw nuts (for the JoyeAuto card installation inside the PCM):

The whole thing took a good 5 hours as it is the shop's first time doing it, they watched a few videos on Youtube. I'm sure they can do it much faster next time, haha

Let me know if you have any questions, if you are ever in NYC I can show you how everything look/works. I'm pretty happy about the upgrade so far.

Could you share who did the install in queens? Many thanks!
Old 05-22-2024, 10:08 PM
c615586
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry to dredge up an old post. Quick question, how did you power your front camera from the Joye Auto? I used the rear camera red wire for the rear camera, which works great. But I can't find a separate source for the front. Did you run both cameras off the same red power wire?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-22-2024, 10:10 PM
c615586
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Sorry to dredge up an old post. Quick question, how did you power your front camera from the Joye Auto? I used the rear camera red wire for the rear camera, which works great. But I can't find a separate source for the front. Did you run both cameras off the same red power wire?

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: JoyeAuto installed in 991.1 - Queens, NYC