Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Wireless Car Play !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Ccarrieta
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless Car Play !!

I posted the on another thread but thought it was worth to have its own thread... I have a 991.2 GTS and coming from a BMW M4 I am more than happy with the 911's performance. The BMW however had wireless car play and I wanted this option.. I also like android and wanted to be able to use it on the GTS.. Changing out the whole head unit meant major surgery to the car. I opted for the sdkauto android box, it was an easy install (for a pro shop... done in 45 mins). With the android box I remain stock, loose no options on the PCM and gain full android in the car.. This means stand alone apps ie Spotify/YouTube/Itunes without having a phone connected to the car. I then took it a step further and purchased a wireless CarPlay dongle (Amazon).. With the wireless car play dongle connected to a USB port in the android box, I now have wireless CarPlay !!! The wireless CarPlay option is still a bit buggy but 100% usable. I also tried wired with a note 9 and I also have android auto. I am waiting for a pixel to try wireless android auto.. If anyone is interested in more details I will be more than happy to go into specifics. The guys at sdkauto have been very helpful in technical support with the unit so go check them out.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:37 PM
John Dorman
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

I need to this to my 991.1, care to share the details?
Old 07-01-2019, 11:09 PM
Ccarrieta
Track Day

Details are in this post : https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1133...carplay-2.html
Old 12-09-2019, 03:04 PM
jsmjeremy
7th Gear

Quick Reply: Wireless Car Play !!