CDR-31: Options for IPOD control? - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.

CDR-31: Options for IPOD control?

Old 11-09-2018, 05:59 PM
NBTBRV8
User

Default CDR-31: Options for IPOD control?

All,

I have a 991 with CDR 31 and AUX jack. What are my options to get a ipod playing rather than use the aux jack?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2018, 01:29 PM
12v Nick
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Unfortunately I don't believe there are any options for adding full iPod control to the CDR31 unit. It was built without that internal chipset and iPod was only available with the PCM3.1 upgrade. That said, if you have CDR, then you don't have a fiber optic amplifier(either Base Stereo or Sound Package Plus) and that makes it much more simple to just replace the in-dash system with an aftermarket unit from someone like Sony or Alpine. Of course it's not 100% OEM look, but you'd have bluetooth streaming, USB, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, etc.... That's what I would recommend for sure.

Suncoast Porsche Parts ľ 991 Aftermarket Radio Installation Kit

"I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate" - Elbert Hubbard
Old 11-19-2018, 04:53 AM
NBTBRV8
User

Thanks for clarifying it. I was hoping that there would be an official retrofit, but Porsche are very poor on this compared to BMW for instance. I will burn my MP3 to disk and use the CD.

Speaking of this, with the head unit read MP3s on DVDs (for extra capacity), or just CDs?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: