Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

CDR-31: Options for IPOD control?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 05:59 PM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDR-31: Options for IPOD control?

All,

I have a 991 with CDR 31 and AUX jack. What are my options to get a ipod playing rather than use the aux jack?

Thanks
Old 11-15-2018, 01:29 PM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

Unfortunately I don't believe there are any options for adding full iPod control to the CDR31 unit. It was built without that internal chipset and iPod was only available with the PCM3.1 upgrade. That said, if you have CDR, then you don't have a fiber optic amplifier(either Base Stereo or Sound Package Plus) and that makes it much more simple to just replace the in-dash system with an aftermarket unit from someone like Sony or Alpine. Of course it's not 100% OEM look, but you'd have bluetooth streaming, USB, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, etc.... That's what I would recommend for sure.

Suncoast Porsche Parts – 991 Aftermarket Radio Installation Kit

Old 11-19-2018, 04:53 AM
NBTBRV8
Racer

Thanks for clarifying it. I was hoping that there would be an official retrofit, but Porsche are very poor on this compared to BMW for instance. I will burn my MP3 to disk and use the CD.

Speaking of this, with the head unit read MP3s on DVDs (for extra capacity), or just CDs?
Old 05-22-2019, 11:27 AM
Sjblanc
1st Gear

Default 2016 Cayman cdr31 aftermarket SAT/NAV/BT where to start

Ok pulling my hair out. I read and read and get more confused. Looking to upgrade my CDr31 radio. Wish list, Apple carplay, Bluetooth, backup cam, navigation. Please load me up with options. 2016 Cayman, base. Located Anna Maria Island, Florida. Installer recommendations in Sarasota area

Quick Reply: CDR-31: Options for IPOD control?