Cayenne S Airplay Dongle - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.

Cayenne S Airplay Dongle

Old 10-30-2018, 06:04 PM
NancyJ
New User

Default Cayenne S Airplay Dongle

i just bought a new, 2018 Cayenne S. It has airplay which I am able to use as long as I am connected by the lightning/USB cable in the armrest. Is there a way to buy a little Bluetooth USB device that would permit me to connect to the armrest USB port by Bluetooth so I do not need to be tethered to use the airplay? Thanks.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:00 PM
12v Nick
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by NancyJ View Post
i just bought a new, 2018 Cayenne S. It has airplay which I am able to use as long as I am connected by the lightning/USB cable in the armrest. Is there a way to buy a little Bluetooth USB device that would permit me to connect to the armrest USB port by Bluetooth so I do not need to be tethered to use the airplay? Thanks.
I think you're referring to "CarPlay" when you say "Airplay"

That being said, there is no way to make a wired CarPlay connection wireless.

"I would rather be able to appreciate things I can not have than to have things I am not able to appreciate" - Elbert Hubbard
Old 10-31-2018, 06:24 PM
NancyJ
New User

Thanks. Is there an easy way to get the lightning end from the center armrest to the bottom of the cup holders so I might find a very small iPhone dock to secure to the bottom of the cup holder?

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: