Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

'04 CTT - Alpine or Kenwood?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2018, 05:44 PM
mspa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '04 CTT - Alpine or Kenwood?

I have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo with stock PCM. It works fine. No issues. But I can't access music off my iPhone 6S. My last car (BMW) had a US Audio unit in the trunk with cable/mini jack I would plug into my phone. I would be happy with that, but I can't seem to find a product that people don't complain about. Looking at more common options, like Mobridge, seem good, but they are at a price point not far under getting a new head unit. A local shop quoted an install price for Mobridge at $850. For that kind of money, I might as well just replace the head unit. I'm considering FOUR different options and hoping to get feedback and install tips for any of these. My preference is Alpine. I want to keep my Bose system and amp.

Alpine iLX-207
Alpine iLX-107
Kenwood DMX7705S
Kenwood DMX905S

There are subtle difference between lower/higher models for each brand, but the cheaper models will work fine.

My question:
Do any of these head units stand out in call quality, music/sound quality, connectivity with being able to use steering wheel controls ... and install. Install quotes I'm getting for all of these at a local shop are $500. I know Crutchfield sells install kits for just under $300, which is probably the smarter option to choose. Pay an extra $200 for an expert to get it done right, quicker.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:53 PM
michaelgsmiles
3rd Gear

mspa, So what did unit you settle on ? I'm about to replace mine, any advice? Did you change out your speakers as well?
Old 08-26-2018, 03:19 PM
mspa
Intermediate

Hi Michael, I didn't make a decision yet. Sorry I can't be of help. That decision has to hold off another two months, most likely. But even if I don't get any recommendations here, I will come back and post what I end up with as soon as it happens. If you get your nav radio done quicker, I'd appreciate hearing back from you on your initial thoughts.

Quick Reply: '04 CTT - Alpine or Kenwood?