Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

PCM2.1 Firmware Update CD's Needed

Old 07-12-2018, 09:21 AM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default PCM2.1 Firmware Update CD's Needed

Hello, I am a newer (8 months now) 2005 Cayenne Turbo owner, and when I purchased the Cayenne it came without the nav disk. I order the latest 2015 maps from Climarepair, and also the firmware update disks to update the head unit and the nav, since I am still at the original level A (04202FD1/2704) for the PCM, and need to be level B for the 2015 maps to work. However, after much back and forth with Climarepair, the firmware disks they sent just never worked, that is, I would put them in the cd player, and they could not be read at all. They even sent replacements, and those didnt work.
The 2015 maps worked for several months, so I was fine, even though the nav would give an message in the bottom banner "incompatiable nav software", however, now the maps will show, but I cant do any route guidance, and the PCM will reboot if I try sometimes. A message "nav software unreadable" or something along those lines comes up when I hit the nav button, unlike before. I think the PCM finally realized I dont have the correct firmware after sometime.

So is someone willing to sell me or share their factory PCM 2.1 disk set to update my firmware? I think its 2 or 3 cds if I recall correctly, I have to update the head unit and there is also a disk for the nav unit to update it.

I have been debating just going to the dealer, but thought I would ask for help here first as I like to do work on my cars myself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou
Mike
The following users liked this post:
Samanta Fox (03-15-2023)
Old 09-23-2022, 06:45 PM
Doc423
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climarepair Discs

Mike, do you still have your '05 Cayenne? I know it's been about 4 years since you wrote this, but was wondering if you were able to get the navigation/map firm and software updated? I just bought an '05 Cayenne and want to do the upgrade myself. If so, do you still have those Climarepair discs that I could buy from you? Thank for any assistance.

Respectfully,
Steve
Text: (205) 617-2187

Last edited by Doc423; 09-23-2022 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2022, 12:20 PM
Corvetteboy6988
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Steve, I do still have my Cayenne, love it too much to part with it, despite its quirks.
the clima repair stuff never worked for me, so I had to go back to the original 2005 maps. This talk makes me want to try again, but i think they were seeling bogus or incorrect disks. They refunded me so no loss to me, but still wish I could get my firmware and maips updated .
i was also hoping someone could sell me or send me original update and map disks, but never got a hit. I think the climarepair map disks are fine, it's the firmware disks I really need. Had some offers from 996 oweners but i researched and they won't work on the cayenne. So unfortunately i can't help, wish i could.
maybe we could ask the community again if anyone has the firmware disks. I could copy or share the maps. Hopefully this bumps it back to the top and some gracious owners can help with the firmware disks.
BTW, I asked 2 dealers to do the update for me, neither were interested and one gave an outragious price.

Last edited by Corvetteboy6988; 09-25-2022 at 12:22 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PCM2.1 Firmware Update CD's Needed