Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

2006 PCM2.1 not working want to replace

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 11:10 PM
ocmacman
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
Default 2006 PCM2.1 not working want to replace

I took my C2S to the shop to get the brake fluid done and the tranny fluid topped up. Got it back and the Radio (PCM) was not working. The shop was also checking to see why the car would think it's not in park when it was. Well the shifter issue solved itself (for now). this problem is intermittent.

The radio is a strange issue. I have not had any issues with the radio since I had the car. The PCM in this car is yes, old. However I like the display under the tach that shows directions when navigating, radio call signals, time etc. I would like to replace the unit with an after market unit. However can anyone tell me if I would loose the info display under the tachometer? Can an after market unit bridge and show the oil levels, directions from the after market head unit on the info display? Or will I have to forfeit this section? If it can't then I would prefer to buy a used PCM2.1 or have it repaired. Maybe the tech at the shop messed up my radio and it needs to be reset?
Old 06-10-2018, 05:01 PM
lou-in-nj
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting point...I prematurely purchased an Octa-core Android radio for my 2006 C2S with the Bose fiber-optic linked amp. For my money and time, the easiest way to get around replacing the old amp and more importantly, spending a couple of hours figuring out how to run the wires through the body, is to by one of the better A/D converters with the other attendant connections like parking brake "on", reverse lights on and what-not; but you have a good question ocmacman, what happens to the information display? I know there is no provision for transmitting radio information, but will there information be affected?

Quick Reply: 2006 PCM2.1 not working want to replace