Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Camera in 911 for Surveillance Front/Back/Sides

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 11:21 PM
johnhb1234
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camera in 911 for Surveillance Front/Back/Sides

Hi,

I am about to get a 911 Turbo S. I am new to Porsche and am very concerned about people
trying to outdrive me on the road, key my car, etc. While I've never had a bad traffic stop from
a police officer, with this car, I'm wondering if I should get a camera similar to what I've seen
on YouTube, that records conversations in the car.

So I am talking about front/rear surveillance, to show if someone hits my car on the road,
for conversations if I am stopped and for when I'm not in the car. I've been told there are
cameras that can fit over the rear view mirror. I don't know if this is a good solution for a Porsche.
I've also been told that a camera in cars that is always on for surveillance is not typical because
the battery would drain - that would probably be for a camera that looks out to both the right and left
sides of the car.

Please forive my ignorance, I am technical but know nothing about this topic or what scenarios are typical,
I am guessing. I have heard you might be able to integrate in the front and rear Porsche cameras but suspect
that anything after-market would void my warranty. As a result, while it might be somewhat more expensive,
I'll probably get my dealer to install the solution(s).

I would very much appreciate all ideas and feedback.

Thanks,

John B.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:38 PM
pop.tremuloides
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

John,

Head over to rdforum.org

also check out Vortexradar.com

There are solutions!

Another site is blackboxmycar.com as a great vendor.

Quick Reply: Camera in 911 for Surveillance Front/Back/Sides