Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Format for USB stick?

Old 07-10-2017, 07:37 AM
anewman143
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Format for USB stick?

Tried calling my local dealer but got a very uninformed/wishy washy answer - here's the question:

I've got a 2015 Cayman and current have an older spinning HD 6th Get iPod Classic with selected music from my iTunes library attached and it works perfectly well - but has limited capacity. Given that it connects and works fine, that would suggest to me that the Porsche audio system can read and play AAC files.

I bought a few 256GB USB drives and would like to use one to have my entire music library in the car -

So - do I format the drive for MacOS? Fat32? And then just drag/copy all my music from my library onto the drive or does it have to be organized in some fashion like Artist/Album/Song(s)?

Any help would be most appreciated
Old 07-12-2017, 12:51 AM
SportsCommuter
Track Day

My 2011 Panamera (PCM v 2.4) runs like a champ with Fat32. I copied the entire Itunes Library off my PC at the Artists level. Plug USB into the car > select USB as source and Artist folders appear alphabetically > albums > songs & enjoy. My music files are m4a. I also uploaded my entire Itunes Library to Google Play Music and use the app on my phone via bluetooth as a cloud backup; it converts the files to mp3, but the sound is still decent. Not all m4a's from other sources will play, but no problem with Itunes.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:49 AM
anewman143
2nd Gear

Thanks so much - that is EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear!
Old 07-24-2017, 09:54 AM
manoharmeena12
1st Gear

Default Audio Video

I have an audio player that plays micro sd card as wel as pen drive. I want to sell it...........................................
Institute for SEO
Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 PM
coatercheck
5th Gear

My 2011 Panamera (PCM v 2.4) runs like a champ with Fat32. I copied the entire Itunes Library off my PC at the Artists level. Plug USB into the car > select USB as source and Artist folders appear alphabetically > albums > songs & enjoy. My music files are m4a. I also uploaded my entire Itunes Library to Google Play Music and use the app on my phone via bluetooth as a cloud backup; it converts the files to mp3, but the sound is still decent. Not all m4a's from other sources will play, but no problem with Itunes.
It works perfect to me..haha Thanks for sharing!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Format for USB stick?