Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

BOSE headunit works, but no sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 05:21 PM
04_BoxsterS_550
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOSE headunit works, but no sound

I have an 04 boxster s 550 spyder edition, and out of nowhere, I got no audio out of my Bose speakers. The headunit continues to function, however. Does this rule out the amplifier as the problem? All the fuses are intact as well. Thank you for your help
Old 11-14-2017, 11:59 PM
coatercheck
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04_BoxsterS_550
I have an 04 boxster s 550 spyder edition, and out of nowhere, I got no audio out of my Bose speakers. The headunit continues to function, however. Does this rule out the amplifier as the problem? All the fuses are intact as well. Thank you for your help
Check the connection of wires maybe they are loose or not connected properly or you can search on google for the manual of your amplifier for some troubleshooting.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:11 AM
12v Nick
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 207 Posts

I'm going to assume we're talking about factory equipment here.

If you have no sound but all else functions otherwise I would highly suspect the amplifier going out – it's actually the most common failure point among factory audio electronics. In the 986 w/ Bose your amplifier is most likely on the fiber optic network. I would access the amplifier(in the boot) and unplug the fiber loop. Make sure it has light coming from the head unit. If it does, you'll need to test for power and signal output to be certain it's a bad amplifier.

Could be a few other things, but with a random failure like that out of nowhere, my money is on the amplifier taking a dump.

EDIT: Sorry, just realized this was a dead thread dug up from long ago.

Last edited by 12v Nick; 11-15-2017 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Post from the grave...
Old 11-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Kevinmacd
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Or fuse on the power amp.

Quick Reply: BOSE headunit works, but no sound