Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

Recommendation please - SoCal audio system installer

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 02:02 AM
patently
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendation please - SoCal audio system installer

Hi all,

TLDR: Please recommend an A/V system installer in SoCal with Porsche experience.

Two years ago I worked with a custom installer in eastern Pennsylvania who retrofit a Kenwood Exelon 2-DIN head unit, JL amp and speakers (including custom subwoofer), rear camera, mic for bluetooth handsfree calls, and satellite radio antenna in my 2000 E39 M5. The total bill was $4500 installed and I'm happy with the work and sound. A potential future buyer can re-install the stock system if desired.

We recently moved to San Diego. I have a new-to-me 2003 996TT, stock with the standard 1-DIN Becker CDR23 head unit and Bose MOST system. I want to have the same kind of A/V system installed in the 996 as in my M5, done in a way that will allow a future owner to return to stock. I’ve seen the type of retrofit I want in various Rennlist threads but I don’t have the time or confidence to take this on myself.

I got a quote from a local (La Jolla) audio installer for the 996 project. The installer, who does great work and has done this type of installation in more than 20 996s, wants $7500 for the work. That seems pretty high to me in comparison to the $4500 I paid two years ago – but that was in the boondocks in eastern PA and maybe I just need to swallow hard and accept that this kind of work is (a lot) more expensive in California.

I’m open to traveling anywhere from Orange County to the Mexican border to have this work done. If you're aware of an installer with Porsche experience, especially with 996s, please let me know.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 215 Likes on 129 Posts

Give Rick at Reus Systems a call, he has probably done more Porsche systems than anyone in the US. You can tell him that Craig from World Motorsports told you to call. I will PM you his cell phone number.
- Akrapovic - BMC - TechArt - H&R - By Design - AMS - CSF - Kline - NGK - TiLugs - HRE - M Engineering - ID Injectors -
FULL SERVICE INSTALLATION FACILITY - STATE OF THE ART WIND TUNNEL DYNO - ECU TUNING
WORLD-MOTORSPORTS.COM
Old 08-23-2017, 10:36 PM
patently
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
Give Rick at Reus Systems a call, he has probably done more Porsche systems than anyone in the US. You can tell him that Craig from World Motorsports told you to call. I will PM you his cell phone number.
Thanks I will; I'm set to visit Method Sound in Costa Mesa Saturday morning and I will try to add Reus for Saturday afternoon.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:27 PM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Rick Reus @ Reus Systems. (714) 633-6636. He's in The City of Orange.
http://www.reusaudio.com/index.html
I've had his systems in all of my cars and trucks since 1992. My F-150 is a rolling Carnegie Hall. Simply amazing systems and sound and you can't even see them. Impeccable sound, not just volume. For example, he'll install extra tweeter(s) in the front of your review mirror to give the car's sound a concert hall effect. His shop won't impress but the results will. I've been a musician all my life and would not bother with anyone else. I'm actually waiting to get in for my '18 C4 GTS. If you'd like a personal referral, send me a pm.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:59 PM
9ELOVIN
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN
Rick Reus @ Reus Systems. (714) 633-6636. He's in The City of Orange.
http://www.reusaudio.com/index.html
I've had his systems in all of my cars and trucks since 1992. My F-150 is a rolling Carnegie Hall. Simply amazing systems and sound and you can't even see them. Impeccable sound, not just volume. For example, he'll install extra tweeter(s) in the front of your review mirror to give the car's sound a concert hall effect. His shop won't impress but the results will. I've been a musician all my life and would not bother with anyone else. I'm actually waiting to get in for my '18 C4 GTS. If you'd like a personal referral, send me a pm.

Had the new system installed, yesterday. See here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1013...l#post14458596

Quick Reply: Recommendation please - SoCal audio system installer