Cig lighter not power my RF transmitter - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.

Cig lighter not power my RF transmitter

Old 08-05-2017, 02:45 AM
ocmacman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Cig lighter not power my RF transmitter

I have a PCM 2.0 or less in my 06 C2S Tiptronic 911. I bought a bluetooth RF adapter which puts out some great sound and enables me to talk on the phone hands free. Now one problem I am having is the cigarette light on the console will not power the device. The lighter works as it gets red after I push it in. But it won't give enough power. Is this a fuse issue perhaps. I have to use the power under the glove box, which prevents me from accessing the device while I am driving. Any thoughts on how to have the console cig light power this unit on?? Also, does my radio have an aux capability?
Old 10-10-2017, 06:35 PM
Spinout
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just purchased one of these BT FM transmitters and I can finally enjoy the radio in my '07C2S. Finally, streaming audio that sounds good on the cheap ($18)!

I plug mine into the 12V console lighter outlet and don't have any issues whatsoever powering the BT device.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: