Notices
Audio and Video Forum The place to discuss auto and home audio, home theater etc.
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Musicar

991.2 Bose Audio disappointing

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 11:06 PM
Bob T
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 991.2 Bose Audio disappointing

The sound quality with my Bose system is very brittle and harsh. Way too much midrange. It varies a lot, but is generally bad on all sources. The only way I can stand to listen to it is to turn the bass control to +4 or +5, and the treble to -2 or -3. I'm pretty good with audio and have a lot of experience - but this just sounds like crap. The dealer is going to change out the amp to see if it makes a difference, but I'm not hopeful. I think it is a software issue (DSP). Sometimes it is so harsh to listen to that I just turn it off. Would be interested to hear others' experiences. Another thing it does is to change the volume level dramatically when changing from one sat station to another. Crank it up on one, then change to a different channel and it's not even half as loud. Annoying, but it doesn't do it every time.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:45 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 350 Likes on 208 Posts

I would agree that it may be the head unit/equalizer/DSP that needs swapping and not the amp. If either swap doesn't work you may want to look at the speakers that have been offered here recently- they were Dynaudio's as I recall. According to many those speakers can really change the whole character of the sound and it looks like a reasonably easy DIY install.

I never heard them (I got a Burmeister because I hated the Bose in the 997) and have no affiliation but Dynaudio makes very HQ speakers for the home which I have heard- up there with Wilson audio IMO.

Quick Reply: 991.2 Bose Audio disappointing